How true is the blurb for this forum?

The only console to be emulated so perfectly that you can enhance it's graphics and run any game ever made for the PSX on your computer. Talk here and ask questions running games or emulators.

I've been thinking about this, and how true is it really? I mean to say, I've seen Genisis/SNES emulators with "2xsai" graphics filters, and I've never found a megadrive/snes game that isn't supported by any emulators.

I will admit, the success of PSX emulation is amazing, especially considering the current state of emulation of similarly-aged consoles (Saturn/Dreamcast). I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that the ps2 runs a playstation emulator, rather than having "true" backwards compatability?

The only console to be emulated so perfectly that you can enhance it's graphics and run any game ever made for the PSX on your computer. Talk here and ask questions running games or emulators.

I've been thinking about this, and how true is it really? I mean to say, I've seen Genisis/SNES emulators with "2xsai" graphics filters, and I've never found a megadrive/snes game that isn't supported by any emulators.

I will admit, the success of PSX emulation is amazing, especially considering the current state of emulation of similarly-aged consoles (Saturn/Dreamcast). I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that the ps2 runs a playstation emulator, rather than having "true" backwards compatability?

How can you confirm this? and Is that why when I use the Holy bible in "Castlevania: Symphany of the Night" nothing happens?

EDIT: I mean the part about PS2 running a PS1 emulator

Edited by DanManXZ

Top Gear 3000 isn't supported by any SNES emulator. The DSP-4 chip is a biatch to crack.

About PlayStation emulation, it really boils down to the plugins and the opcodes supported by the emulator.

Edited by Agozer

its funny how where still trying to crack SNES emulation and the new stuff (PS2/Xbox/Gamecube) was cracked almost before the system even came out

Yeah well, SNES emulation is pretty much perfect excluding a few special chips. Hell, they even figured out the graphics compression (SDD-1) and the C4 chip, so it shouldn't take too long before it's the DSP-4's turn.

Edited by Agozer