0.95.1 : some annoying bug fixes...

Tux

Mainly :

- a lot related to the new file selector for the ips dat files
 - supports some very basic editing of the .ini files in the ips directory, don't abuse it, these files are not supposed to be edited, but it should tolerate // at the beginning of a line and empty lines
 - Sample rate was wrongly initialized to 11 KHz if you launched raine without any config file (brand new install) and called the sound options dialog before loading any game. Most users would change manually this frequency rate in this case, but anyway... ! Now the sample rate take is the one returned by SDL_GetAudioDeviceSpec in all cases.
 - speed hacks are disabled by default in neogeo options, too tiresome to track the list of games which don't support them.
 - the music which was gone during the neogeo logo for aodk is back ! It was related to some very technical neogeo hardware initialization, see the source if you want details.

And sorry ffman1985, not enough motivation yet for what we discussed, but I didn't forget.

Get it from there, as usual : http://raine.1emulation.com/download/latest.html

• Like 1

Hello Tux!

Thank you so much for your willingness of releasing a new version mostly focused on my bug reports.

So I mainly tested what I have reported in my recent posts in the forum, which means I didn't test so much. But here it is my quick feedback:

- the Gangan/Agressors of Dark Combat black sprites issue is still present. Actually it is as exactly as in version 0.95. I have to state that I always do a new installation for every Raine release, so I don't have any old settings from 0.95 here, which is strange, since you said this bug had been fixed by removing the speed hacks options from the default settings...

Edit: it seems that speed hacks are still enabled by default in a new installation in version 0.95.1. If I manually disable the option the black sprites issue is gone in this game.

- the sound sample rate remains at 11khz when I start Raine with the DS4 controller plugged in and switch the sound output device to my PC's internal speakers.

- the double kof97 folder in the IPS file selector is gone. I can select my *.dat files again through Raine but they still won't work. I get the same message as before:

viAQqiY.png

(PS: I set my *.ini from Raine, no manual editing)

- If I have an empty folder in my IPS folder such as "kof98" and try to access it through Raine the program crashes.

- the IPS folder is not embedded in the program's zip file, it is only generated the first time you open the application. For standardization, I think it would be better to already pack it there with the other Raine folders, no? This also helps setting up a new installation.

- the glitch in the IPS file selector is still unsolved.

That's it for now. I'm sorry for not having a lot of good news on the IPS feature yet. Maybe the next version will finally have this resolved.

Thank you so much again for your time and continuing support.

Edited by mer-curious

50 minutes ago, mer-curious said:

Edit: it seems that speed hacks are still enabled by default in a new installation in version 0.95.1. If I manually disable the option the black sprites issue is gone in this game.

Even though it's annoying me to a critical level, thanks for this one, the config was read from 2 places, a leftover from a cleanup long ago when I moved all this to neocd.c, and of course the last one was the one with the default value at 1 !

It's fixed for good this time in the source.

- the sound sample rate remains at 11khz when I start Raine with the DS4 controller plugged in and switch the sound output device to my PC's internal speakers.

Too bad for your ds4, it's just means it asks for 11 KHz by default, on my sound card here it's 44.1 Khz in linux, 22 KHz from wine, and 48 Khz from windows !

Its clearly highly dependent on the driver installed.

- the double kof97 folder in the IPS file selector is gone. I can select my *.dat files again through Raine but they still won't work. I get the same message as before:

viAQqiY.png

(PS: I set my *.ini from Raine, no manual editing)

Well sorry I can't do anything more, just don't use it, that's the best I can think of !

- If I have an empty folder in my IPS folder such as "kof98" and try to access it through Raine the program crashes.

And it's right to crash, it's something specific and this case is not supposed to happen.

- the IPS folder is not embedded in the program's zip file, it is only generated the first time you open the application. For standardization, I think it would be better to already pack it there with the other Raine folders, no? This also helps setting up a new installation.

Nope the directory is created upon program launch, but there is no reason to include it in the zip since no ips file is distributed with raine.

For normal people who unpack a new release over the folder of an older one, it works perfectly.

- the glitch in the IPS file selector is still unsolved.

That's it for now. I'm sorry for not having a lot of good news on the IPS feature yet. Maybe the next version will finally have this resolved.

Thank you so much again for your time and continuing support.

Ah yes this one of course, couldn't insert my answer here.

Ok we have a good news then, you'll stop using this then !

;-)

In all seriousness I have absolutely no idea how you do your bugs and I don't want to spend any more time on this, maybe in a few months, maybe not.