Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Tux

Raine 0.90...

0xff normally ? I returned 0, in this one, but after that tried with ff and this time the pills flash !

Don't understand why you have no maze, if it's a rom problem it should at least complain about some crcs problem...
I'll double check this, thanks for the help anyway !

I confirm, couldn't reproduce your "no maze" effect, tried a new game from scratch using this very same windows version, no problem.

Fixed the non flashing pills, ff works fine.

Fixed the ghosts disappearing too fast when entering tunnels, funny I never noticed that, it's right that usually when you take this kind of tunnel you look more at what is at the exit than how you disappear in it !

No new binary this time, too small fixes...

Edited by Tux

I don't recall the full details of the unmapped reads, but I think 0xBF makes sure that the ghosts slow down in the tunnels, like the real machine.

Thanks for the windows 64 build & eventually you'll fix all the bugs out. I just wish i had more time to compare the games for you but with all the members on here & devs bugs & fixes will fly out on each new build.  Great work

9 hours ago, Robert said:

I don't recall the full details of the unmapped reads, but I think 0xBF makes sure that the ghosts slow down in the tunnels, like the real machine.

Ok, I'll put bf, not sure the ghosts are really slowing down in the tunnels, but the 3 (actually 4 !) parts added in the 2nd level of mspac6m look better this way, I wonder if they have a usefulness ? I couldn't find any...

I forgot where I got the rom from, it's been quite a few years already, there doesn't seem to be any update available anyway. The odd part is that in hbmame they call this rom mspac6m2 apparently, well the 2 is a correction of the 1 there is not much use to keep a buggy set then, but it's not me who decided to rename the rom as mspac6m, I found it like that.

Here is a screenshot of what I talk about, the wire-frame looking parts.mspac6m_004.png.c9633b2fc70815d18f58639d715f152a.png

I think I got the rom from a site about rom hacks, but not sure.

Edited by Tux
  • Thanks 1

That all sounds good :)

I'll have another look when I get back home on Sunday.

Regarding the taito f3 fixes in Bubble Bobble 2, does this concern also the music boxes becoming visible in later stages, when they should be hidden? I notice this even happens in the Saturn version. Btw Saturn version has better Taitof3 emulation in Elevator Action Returns (no shadow glitch, correct darkness when you shoot cameras). Am not sure if boxes become visible in real arcade board too.

for Bubble Bobble 3,  that line scroll effect is also visible and I notice that during the boss fights, the cloud from where the boss pops up does not appear at all in Raine. It appears in MAME  and on real arcade

https://youtu.be/0oA_P3nkrTc?t=364

https://youtu.be/iAMBp37Mikc?t=507

18 hours ago, petran79 said:

Regarding the taito f3 fixes in Bubble Bobble 2, does this concern also the music boxes becoming visible in later stages, when they should be hidden? I notice this even happens in the Saturn version. Btw Saturn version has better Taitof3 emulation in Elevator Action Returns (no shadow glitch, correct darkness when you shoot cameras). Am not sure if boxes become visible in real arcade board too.

Quite an oddity indeed, usually ports are not emulations (except in some recent pc ports where they even sometimes leave the rom on the disk ! But usually it's an adaptation of the source code, usually by an external company, so it weird that the saturn had some emulation bug... anyway !

I don't know about these music boxes, sorry, I am not a big fan of this bubsymph, and really not an expert of it.

But don't expect raine to have some perfect emulation of taitof3 video priorities anytime soon, they are much more complex than usual priorities and use some special video effects to hide things at the same time, for now I don't even understand how it works exactly !

for Bubble Bobble 3,  that line scroll effect is also visible and I notice that during the boss fights, the cloud from where the boss pops up does not appear at all in Raine. It appears in MAME  and on real arcade

https://youtu.be/0oA_P3nkrTc?t=364

https://youtu.be/iAMBp37Mikc?t=507

Thanks yes, I hadn't noticed for the line scroll, even on the screen with the text just before the game starts, it's quite slow for now so I hadn't noticed (maybe it should be faster, this thing is still experimental there...).

By cloud I guess you mean the kind of hole where you see the sky and it appears from there, yeah it looks like the same sky as the one with the text at the start of the game. Might be an easy way to fix this line scroll, I might take another look later, thanks !

(and I noticed we don't have any cheats for this game, and that the console is full of bugs when trying to search something from the 68020... no surprise, it was never used before... sigh !).

Thanks anyway !

edit : after looking, it's not a line scroll effect but just a normal scrolling, too bad for me.

I added a script to be able to go to level 10 in bubblem, this effect where the boss appears is some alpha blending effect which gives me a lot of troubles and which is not emulated for now. It's playable though.

And it gave me the opportunity to fix a few things in the console, the biggest problem related to a recent glibc change in linux ironically.

Edited by Tux
  • Like 1