MessTrex - A GCE Vectrex Emulator port for XBox v2 (new update)

fumanchu

MessTrex - A GCE Vectrex Emulator port for XBox v2
by madmab

MessTrex - A GCE Vectrex Emulator port for XBox v2
Based on a7800x MESS core which is based on Mess 0.107 (yeah I know.. old!!)

Updated to madmab edition interface CFv1b22. See "Interface Changelog.txt"

Be sure to read the latest changes in "Interface Changelog.txt" the new "saves" handling code has been implemented.

* MessTrex and XvectreX have now been merged into a dual core emu which will retain the name of MessTrex. You can select which core to use in the game configuration screen. For now the default core is MESS. However each core has it's pro's and con's. Mess runs most games fairly well, supports digital audio but the sound can get glitchy sometimes. XvectreX is a hecka lot faster, no sound glitches but does not support digital audio. Plus I know of at least one game that runs in Xvectrex that does not run in the MESS core. Read all earlier changes to XvectreX in "Readme-XvectreX.txt". Any future changes will be in this file listed by core.

* Added an "About" menu to the "Utilities" menu to display info about the emulator core.

* To Do *

* The XvectreX uses far less memory than the MESS core. So chances are hi-res overlays can be used at all times. However it still uses the same system as the MESS core. Need to investigate someday.

* BIOS layout is duplicated (zip and unzipped). But I'm lazy and maybe someday I'll fix it later. It's not like they take up much space anyways. :P

* Allow activation of the 3d Imager? Probably no point if you need special equipment for it to be useful. Will this work with normal 3d glasses?

* Add option for Antialiased vectors (Yes/No)?

* Add option for Flicker (0 - 100% ) ?

* Add option for Beam Width ( 1 - 16 in 0.05 increments) ?

* Cheat system needs checking it should be working.

* Should I enable predefined controllers / config DB? (some games use funky setups)

link

http://www91.zippyshare.com/v/Ig833Hds/file.html

• 4 weeks later...