Raine 0.64.7

Tux

The 0.64.6 version from last week was just a quick release to play with translations, here is the real thing...

So the big news are the french and spanish translations (thanks to luixvayo here on this forum, you can still visit the topic if you want to make another translation, you don't need any coder skill, it's just about typing text in an easy to use program, the topic is here : http://www.1emulation.com/forums/topic/35440-the-big-translations-topic-was-compiling-raine-the-easy-way/page-2 ). I must say he translated almost everything, I just translated the most important parts for the french one, too many texts for me ! This translation is quite huge and quite crazy, even most of the dipswitches are translated !

The other big thing is a long overdue update to the shaders. Sorry for the long delay, but it's not my speciality, I just happened to find some stupid bug in the shaders handling so there are now a few more supported shaders, and some which were not working (did they ever work ?) are now working. Don't get too excited though, the new supported ones are not the most interesting ones, but still it's interesting to have some more stuff... and there are some effects I had never seen before !

Except that if some people are still interested in the dos version to run on some old hardware, the dos version has finally been updated, with a return to seal because it's faster (I finally found a real tester with some really slow computer to do the testing !). You can visit the topic about fixing issues for the dos version there : http://www.1emulation.com/forums/topic/35437-raine-dos-bad-sound/ Long version short : it's a success !

Except that a few small fixes for the gui, for the format of the history.dat text, for the test mode of bublbobl which didn't work anymore since the last update.

All in all, a good update, especially with the heat lately ! :)

Oh yeah, the download area is there : http://raine.1emulation.com/download/latest.html

• Like 1

Thanks for this new version.

Question: how can you create an output file listing all games with details (game info AND ROMs list) ?

"raine32.exe -listinfo" doesn't work anymore. Also, I remember the -listinfo output doesn't list the "source file" info for the games.

Thank you.

Actually it does but I rebuilt sdl lately and forgot to remove their defaut setting which sends all output to the stdout.txt and stderr.txt files in windows.

So you'll get the output of -listinfo in stdout.txt.

If it's a problem I'll rebuild sdl with the correct configuration this time...

For the source file, true, you have to use -lsf with a game name for that. Does it matter to have this for the whole listing ?

Also I slightly modified the output of listinfo a few versions ago to include the region of the roms, it shouldn't change anything since it's at the end.

Edited by Tux

Hi!

Thanks for the fantastic emulator!

I have only 1 complaint!: I tried practically all the possible combination of video driver, video renderer and renderer option but the main menu always revert back to 16 bit colors while the game is in 32 bit. This constant color bit depth switching from game to menu is very annoying (the LCDs take considerable time to swtich) and I was wondering if it's a bug or is something wrong I'm doing!

Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit, fully patched

Aero ON

GTX 660, drivers 355.60

Intel 2500K @ 4.7Ghz

16GB RAM

3 X LCD 1680X1050

EDIT: Forgot to mention that only happen in full screen.

Thanks,

Ramon

Edited by ramonz

Yaah it's a sdl-1.2 bug normally you shouldn't see any switch change (these modes use the same timings so there should be no switch at all).

The best fix in the lonng run is to use sdl2, but it's easier said than done for now, maybe later.

Meanwhile use a fullscreen window instead of fullscreen, eventually without borders, it will feel like fullscreen but without the annoying switch.

• Like 1

If by timing you are refering to the refresh rate, it stays at 60Hz in both the menu and in game.

The resolution doesn't change either, it's stays at 1680X1050. Once a game is loaded and running, if I press ESC and go in "Video options / Video info..." I can see 1680X1050 ***16 bpp***. My Windows task bar also switched to light blue, as if it also turned off Aero. As soon as I go back to the game, it switch back to 32 bpp and my Windows task bar goes back to black to reflect my Aero theme settings. It's really the monitor switching back and forth from 16 bpp to 32 bpp to/from the menu/game that induces a long delay each time. For me the real question is: why does the emualtor *must* swtich to a 16 bpp color palette when in the menu in full screen? In windowed mode, It stays at 32 bpp all the time, in menu and in game. No menu in 32 bpp in full screen is a strange bug indeed.

I'll run the emulator in a full screen window for now as you recommended, until a permanent solution is implemented.

Thanks for the reply and good luck with SDL2,

Ramon ;)

The 16bpp that you see is only the tip of the iceberg, there are a few settings which are changed when going to the gui , for example if you keep double buffer then you have to draw the mouse pointer yourself or otherwise you can't see it anymore !

Another solution for me would be to create a full opengl gui, which wouldn't be a bad idea, but it isn't super easy neither !

So the best fix for now is really to use a standard window !

So you'll get the output of -listinfo in stdout.txt.

If it's a problem I'll rebuild sdl with the correct configuration this time...

It's not a problem if this is what you want your emulator to do... output everything to stdout.txt. I can work with this.

For the source file, true, you have to use -lsf with a game name for that. Does it matter to have this for the whole listing ?

It's just a way to filter games by drivername in my frontend, Emu Loader. But it's not that important.

I can't remember if you can create custom game settings in Raine. If yes, are they based on game name only ?

In MAME you can create a custom settings using the driver name. That way all games using that driver will use the same custom settings file.

I guess you are talking about game specific settings ? Yeah they are saved in games.cfg in sections using the short names of the games, no need of the source filename for that.

Nobody had the need to use the driver name here instead so far, so... !

For stdout.txt, no I don't like it so I won't keep it like that, but it's something you easily forget, and I need to make a new binary to fix that, not just update SDL.dll, so it will be for next version... Actually I try to use gentoo ebuild files to avoid to forget the settings when recompiling now, but it was my 1st try using this, so of course I forgot about stdout.txt. It's updated to remove it now.

Edited by Tux
  • Like 1

>> I guess you are talking about game specific settings ?

yes, that's it.

>> For stdout.txt, no I don't like it so I won't keep it like that, but it's something you easily forget,...

ok, no problem. I'll wait for the next release.

About "sourcefile" tags in -listinfo output, don't worry about it. I was just curious why it wasn't listed.

I can make it work without it...

... I'm looking into the possibility to support Raine in my frontend, and build Raine's own games list instead of just using MAME's games list.

Thank you for the quick reply.

The -listinfo output have everything I need to make it work.

Edited by Ciro Consentino
  • Like 1