Cabinet Considerations

garynewport

Hi

I am new to the forums and have undertaken a search but have not found the answers to my questions. If I have simply failed the most basic of searches then please forgive me; newbie to these forums.

Anyhow, I am in the middle of building an arcade cabinet with an xbox as the core running UnleashedX and CoinOPS6. I have over 4000 games but I would like to cut this down to a few old arcade games without losing the other games entirely; simply from the coinOPS menu. Is this possible?

I am designing the control deck for the arcade unit and have recognised that, since I am looking at games such as Defender, Donkey Kong, Space Invaders, etc I believe I only need a pair of 4 position joystick, a double set of 4 buttons (X, Y, B, A) a credit button (equates to the BACK button) and a 1 Player and a 2 Player button. Am I going to encounter an issue others have already encountered? Considering the games most online help is useless since they are looking for full-compatibility with all games included; we are not.

Is there a single interface device I am not finding which I wire the standard arcade buttons and joystick in to or where do I find the wiring plan to tell me how to wire all the buttons and joysticks, etc into the xbox?

Again, sorry for probably repeating previous questions but I have honestly searched for a few days now and coming up with little aside from hours of videos that do not help.