Question for the Americans - and anyone else actually

emsley

So what's it like knowing that your tax dollars are going towards paying for almost all of this $40+ MILLION so called, Royal Wedding?

Yeah they're making fun of it on the radio here, so to speak. I'd be steaming and seeing red, if I lived there...your economy is in the shitter, but those Royal Sponges can take money out of citizens pockets to pay for a ridiculous wedding.

Actually, I remember reading somewhere that the wedding is expected to generate a couple billion in tourist revenue. If that's the case, it's not such a bad thing. I'm just tired of reading about it, The Daily dedicated an entire section to it for this week. I have to admit though, the "Black Sheep of the Royal Family" piece was an interesting read.

Good for it generating tourist revenue, but they should still be footing 100% of the bill themselves...

It's my duty as a peasant to allow them to walk over my face while I lay in a puddle for them.

Thanks cinder you see what the UK is really like now. :)

So do English people have no pride in their monarchy?

An interesting question would be, how would you feel if you were born into royalty? Being taught of the importance of carrying on a lineage and familial history that has endured for hundreds of years and the pride that comes with it (along with the backlash), the concerns of a country as well and then asking yourself if its as pointless to them as it is to you?

What I know is, nobody asks to be born.

There are worse things society's tax dollars have gone to...

Most people Dont give a crap about the royals.

I have among many others failed to see the big deal in them, remember more than half of the UK sat through thatchers rule and watched as the royals did nothing (even though its in their power to do so) public opinion is not good hasn't been for a looooong time.

They do nothing but swan around, prince charles and cmailla got their car egged in london.

If they are royalty, i can accept that, but to really try to grab external attention on something that's very family matter is rather over the top. So they're getting married, what's to come? How will this impact the world? And how has it impact for the past generations? Making Implication is nice, but i think the world today does not really seem to care, due to their own personal troubles.

Although, it's rather hard to bear, if you were born into royalty you wouldn't turn down the offer to let the whole world know you're wedding is tomorrow and you can all come and have fun, as there will be beers on the house. However, i don't think that's quite the case, they're telling you we have a wedding and we're letting you all know, but you're not invited. k thxbye :P

Edited by LoRd_SnOw