Logitech Wireless Controller question

I recently got one of the wirless logitech controllers and I was under the impression that there was some way to turn it off (when you aren't using it - or it would just automatically turn off).

There is a red light that just stays on when I'm not using it, and it seems to be killing the battery life.

Any ideas?

That is funny, check your batteries, those Logi's are all i use and I have NO issues with lag.

really? when i tried it it was craptastic lag-ariffic, LMAO. i put in new batteries too and still got the same result. i had always heard just how awesome this controller is so i dont know what the issue is. ill have to try again later i guess. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Update

The controller sat there flashing and in a few days - it flashed itself to death.

There has to be something that I'm missing.

Do I need to hold anything down to turn it off?

your controller should turn off automatically when not in use and since it's not turning off it might be broken or simply receiving some unintended stray input.

triggers and analog sticks can be a culprit for stray input... sometimes my controllers get left resting somewhere and a trigger or analog stick will be out of whack so the controller never turns off.

also, even if a controller looks good it may have an issue with stray input. google "Controller Test Disk" and find the xbox utility available to test your controller... it will show you on screen if any input is being registered by the controller when not in use. i've had controllers with mystery issues and this utility has always helped troubleshoot them.