Zyuranger

The original series Mighty Morphing took their footage from. It's up on tube (don't know if it's the entire series yet) but so far I've been enjoying it a lot more than when I re-watched the American version about a year back. I can believe I watched it as a child but for every 1 good episode there were always 10 "don't do drug" ones behind it. The Japanese one is "straight to the point" though they still have those plot holes kids aren't supposed to recognize. Main reason I enjoy this one a lot more however(and this is an example I can vouch for the entirety of the series yet), third episode, 20 seconds of speech, 18 minutes of martial art theater.

O, and the powers all have origin stories, something about the American rangers never clicked with me (even as a child) where they would obtain something "new" and use it as good as someone who has had it their entire life time.

Wow. I've just been educated. I had no idea. So they basically took that show and refilmed the out of costume bits with American actors?

Pretty much, they did reach a point where a lot of the footage being shot was Western (they were running out of Japanese footage), but that's when they came up with the concept of "changing" the rangers (Zeo, Turbo, Space,...).