CoinOPS r6 crashes to dashboard on startup

(sa)ndpir8

I installed CoinOPS r6 today. At first it worked following a clean install with the Gift Pack, but then it started crashing at the menu after I installed the showcase rom set. I deleted the games, but they would still show up in the menu. I deleted the entire thing off the harddrive, including the TDATA and UDATA, and did a fresh install. Now it just reverts back to the dashboard when the program starts. Is there any reason why a fresh installation will not work? Hidden/Missing data files on the xbox?

CoinOPS makes me feel like a tard. I seem to be the only person with any problems on this board, so hopefully someone knows why I can't play Punisher and relive my arcade glory days :(

just install it by default...in advanced settings there a reset everything option....that will redo the save and setup everything

Thats the problem. When I install by default and run the emu, it no longer boots up the emu, but instead returns to the xbox dashboard. If I could get back into the program I would do exactly what you just said, would have saved me a ton of headache earlier. Now I can't even get into the menu. Hoping someone here knows why, default install just is not working on this box.

Im gonna guess and say you booted the emulator first time with no roms !

Delete all gamesaves, ie Babe**** in UDATA and TDATA.

Transfer some roms to your roms folder then boot the emulator.

Then go into the Option and rescan for roms every time you add more roms.

This problem with CoinOps has always been there and has been reported numerous times.

PS. The above fix by BP won't work, this one will !

the above fix works fine , just add some roms...dont push up or down ... just start to bring up options ;) and make it rescan....delete save doesnt need to happen...

when I made it so the save locked it I made everyone think a certain way...this way is no longer required and options to reset stuff are in the emulator

the above fix works fine , just add some roms...dont push up or down ... just start to bring up options ;) and make it rescan....delete save doesnt need to happen...

when I made it so the save locked it I made everyone think a certain way...this way is no longer required and options to reset stuff are in the emulator

I deleted the CoinOPS folder and the Save Data on E:\, completely reinstalled the program from the .rar, put fresh roms in there and it still crashes to dashboard after the "Press any button" screen. Is there really nothing else to this? I'd hate to walk after seeing it semi-work yesterday, but I've got a feeling I botched something on the xbox and I really don't want to take the time to reinstall the OS.

Are there other files besides TDATA, UDATA and the CoinOPS package that need to be deleted? It seems like there's some remnant still on my xbox that's preventing the new install from starting up properly.

nope and R7 wont have any problems if no roms are found it rescans for roms ;) untill they are found then it will boot

any other build will boot no worries by up/down/left/right would lock up the emu looking for roms

could be a fatx lba48 issue if your large drive is getting full :) that will corupt the xbox

Check out the FTP program your using, more importantly find out its transfer method.

Check its not transfering in ASCII mode as this can lead to missed bits or bad info.