Yakuza 3 - all the blah about this here!

emsley

I just got through kicking this guys ass who uses knuckle dusters and is in possession of a woman and a kid...

I couldn't beat him on medium and had to set it to easy for that fight...

I just couldn't touch him when he went in to heat mode - the only hit I would get in was ONE quick jab, I put it on easy and was Good to go beat him first time -

Can anyone tell me what I was doing wrong his attacks were unblockabile I could not grab him, And i couldn't chain a quick combo together on him - I tried attack and dodging, running round the back of him all kinds of stuff...

I want to know what im "supposed" to be doing as it did not seem clear to me at all.

I just got through kicking this guys ass who uses knuckle dusters and is in possession of a woman and a kid...

I couldn't beat him on medium and had to set it to easy for that fight...

I just couldn't touch him when he went in to heat mode - the only hit I would get in was ONE quick jab, I put it on easy and was Good to go beat him first time -

Can anyone tell me what I was doing wrong his attacks were unblockabile I could not grab him, And i couldn't chain a quick combo together on him - I tried attack and dodging, running round the back of him all kinds of stuff...

I want to know what im "supposed" to be doing as it did not seem clear to me at all.

I assume you are talking about the 2nd boss in Okinawa. The one that throwing knives at you at far. 1st of all, use all the furniture in the room to beat him up. Use every possible items that you can to drain his health.

2nd, make sure your characters are sufficiently leveled up. Try to get at least the 2 finishing blows where you can press Triangle, Triangle after normal punches. I normally stick to Square, Square, Square, Triangle, Triangle.

When the boss goes into heat mode, you have to be more careful as he is prone to interrupt you mid combos. So, stick to smaller combos then sway away, rinse and repeat to slowly chip away his health. Then you should be able to go to the Super Finishing Move when near the end.

Good luck, took me a while in the 1st try but with some health supplements, managed to beat it :)

Oh, and using a weapon WILL HELP A LOT!!!! Use the Extendable Staff!

If you think this is hard, wait till you meet the Artful Dodger in Kamurocho :D

Right so I wasn't insane...

Ok Apparently im missing out on a few things here and there Im defently going to stock up on health now for sure!

I havnt got the super finish yet, games now a days are becoming ruthless! (although i can head butt and do stomp some faces now and then :)

Right so I wasn't insane...

Ok Apparently im missing out on a few things here and there Im definitely going to stock up on health now for sure!

I havnt got the super finish yet, games now a days are becoming ruthless! (although i can head butt and do stomp some faces now and then :)

The Super finish is automatically activated in Boss Fight. If you do not hve enough Heat during that time, you need to hammer on the R2 to build the meter. Initially, you can do the Super Headbutt only, then you can learn Hell's Floor (very damaging) then another one which I haven't unlocked.

Despite all the cuts, this game is still super fun! Theonly thing is dating is becoming meaningless now and it is super easy to pick up the girls :D I really hope they left everything uncut if they are going to bring in Yakuza 4 ;)

Check on the dating thing - I went to a bar and downed a few beers (real names of beers too)

and a "bottle" icon comes up on the left - then these guys come up to you and say "Hey you stink of drink! I hate scum like you!" Ensue epic battle.

lol lol lol

I'm just getting to grips with the heat gage - I threw a guy on to another guy (good damage) but have not been able to do it since, i started collecting all kinds of odd bits of stuff and think i need to take it to the guy who fixes stuff up...

I kept the money between the two fish mongers 200,000 yen - SUCKER!!!

Lol, if you are drunk enough, you can execute the drunken style fighting!

As for heat, it is a bit like THQ's WWE series. You have to be at the right position to execute. So, for the move you mention, you have to have a person on the floor, then grab another person nearby. If close enough to the lying person, the Triangle button will be enabled and you will execute :)

My favourite is still swinging a person to the telephone pole. Look brutal and sick :D

My next upgrade is the "spin by legs" trick - Will drink more beer ASAP tomorrow.

I am at Chapter 6 already so my move list is quite extensive now :) But i have been upgrading Kazuma equally so the progress is still slow.