You guys got any experiance with gambling problems?

emsley

My mother has been a complete dolt - she just got better from depression, she is banned of my fathers PC - Mine - but secured an on-line loan with some kind of insane 1000% APR rate.

She plays a lot of online gambling sites likes bingo and "slot machines" she was already in debt with money barely been able to make it through the month without lending money of family members - im so pissed off that my own mother has ended up doing this.

I wouldnt mind but she never fucking wins anything anyway - now she is totally barred from immediate family members computers.

As for me im 100% Better off financely than I was two months back - but im not fronting up money every week for her just so she can buy more ciggarettes smoke her head off - miss the bill payments and make me out of pocket at the same time.

If there was ever a time for not to get a "loan" then this was it - man I can see this shit spreading to her life for the rest of the year - i cant go through with my mother at the door all the time - wtf guys.

what the hell can I do?

This is going to sound mean, but it's the honest truth and the only way you can help someone with an addiction, when they don't listen the first time.

Stand back, and watch her crash and burn. Tell her "NO!" if she asks for money, and let her "hate you" for it. When she hits rock bottom and has to clean up her own mess, or ask for help of her own accord...it might sink in.

^ That's what I was sadly thinking too.

I don't like watching anyone go with out a cigarette and my old bean has an 40 year habit -

As long as she has her smokes - coffee - and gambling she don't give a "real shit" about anything else.

Makes me sad.

Its gone on for about 4 or five years and gotten slowly worse - when her money started drying up (my dad had a great job but when the recession hit they made major cut backs and he don't get any more overtime for his call out fees)

I figure the "fuck it" mentallity kicks in and they hit rock bottom.

Dont ge me wrong my mother is a caring woman, feeds me, cleans my clothes talks to me when im going insane i cant help but love my mother but man this is just as bad near enough as someone addicted to crack.

I'd have to agree with Cinder on this one... she has to actually want to fix this problem. If she doesn't, there's nothing you can do to force her. Eventually, she will either see what is wrong with her lifestyle or she'll get to the point where not even high risk lenders will be willing to give her anything. Most important of all though, you can't let her lifestyle damage the way you live - don't let her money and don't get sucked into the vicious circle of crap she's created.

shell just cry - like a big blubbering baby -the one thing that worries me is the deppression will come back, she just had 3 months off work with it.

I got to scoot guys this has seriously fucked my day up today.

Get her a job in an amusements so she can learn how they rig all the machines. Learned me not to gamble.