Tech Queestion?

Shoma

I actually don't have a problem with the iPhone pricing... I paid $99 for mine (refurbed, subsidized) and I pay about $72/mo after all of the taxes and BS charges. I previously had a Palm Treo which cost me $300 for the phone subsidized and over $80/mo for voice + data. The iPhone ended up being 1/3rd the cost upfront and was even cheaper monthly since my employer has an AT&T accommodation.

I have no use for a data plan, and $72 a month would get me more than I already have (Unlimited text, 5000 local minutes, 1000 long distance etc), which costs me $40 a month and I didn't even pay $99 for my PHONE (Sorry had to bold that, my point is...IT'S A PHONE FFS!)

I have no use for a data plan, and $72 a month would get me more than I already have (Unlimited text, 5000 local minutes, 1000 long distance etc), which costs me $40 a month and I didn't even pay $99 for my PHONE (Sorry had to bold that, my point is...IT'S A PHONE FFS!)

For me, it's actually the opposite, I'm lucky if I use 50 minutes a month. I despise the phone, the data plan is all I'm concerned about. If I could, I would drop the voice plan completely and use it only for data. For the limited amount of voice time I need, I could pick up a cheap prepaid which would cost me about $10/mo. As far as paying for the device, I actually don't mind that at all. I would agree if it was just a phone, but it's not - it's an iPod touch plus the wireless communications hardware. Considering the touch sells for over $200, I consider the price I paid a value. If they'd allow me to get it without the voice plan and finally allow tethering, I'd be as happy as a pig in shit.