I got my first half hour spot tonight at local pub!

emsley

Did not record it guys but word is spreading i did well a few ears are pricking up when my name is mentioned.

Fucking pressure man!!!

We were just a plain ol' hillbilly band with a plain ol' country style

We never played the kind of songs that'd drive anybody wild

Played a railroad song with a stomping beat

We played a blues song, kinda slow and sweet

But the thing that knocked them off of their feet was, ooh-wee

When Luther played the boogie woogie, Luther played the boogie woogie!!!

If i was backed up by a band It would be awesome!

If I was there I'd play the luther parts for you.

I wish I could do what your doing. Just getting out there and playing for people, I've never played for more then 5 or 6 people at a time.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have got that used to playing just the chords to my self If I just jump to an acoustic solo it will sound wrong.

The trouble is lead guitarists are normally whizz kids with the guitars in their prefered style - so playing some luther perkings leads probably wouldnt get them going enough unless i find an experianced lead guitraist who does not tie firworks to his balls and light them when he bursts into solo.

To appreciate the whole song truly as a band that emitts the sound required - the trouble i had with previous bands is that they all thought after palying a few power chords in time and the drums sounding ok that we would just get it if we kept trying - no way - if none of you "love" what your doing its always going to come out half assed, i love rock/metal but know in my heart i can never join a band where it just feels right playing this stuff i have treid numerous times (as a rhythem guitarist only) but it always fails. The cloesest i got was playing metallica - but all the other guys pussied out - it took em 2 months to be able to play blinks "GO" 90% perfect and they were all talented so I decided to stick with what i love and do best. Oldies.

As for playing in front of people - i have kinda been lucky and weened my self into it - it started playing for one or two people who "understood the music" then it moves on to a drunken bunch of people saying "give us a tune!" so you do.

Man I played in front of about 40 old people just to get some experiance at my mums work.

That freeze up in my mind has gone i just whip it out and play and sing! Apart from this pub gig i just did - man i was nervous as hell - They loved ring of fire even as much to sing the chours along with me and just as i ended the song i kept playing the C chord just faintly keeping it alive and said "One more time , 1 , 2 ,3 4 "i fellll intooooo a burning ring of fire!!"

Been miced up was a diffrent experiance alltogether I really had to project my voice and step it up a notch.

EDIT: I also still had a G string missing on my guitar and the rest of the strings are about a year old! lol

damn get a new set of strings you wanker! hahah. I've got a few sets of electric. If I had a set of acoustic I'd send em to you. hahah