LPC Mod Question

dcm2284

Sorry if this seems like a completely dumb question, I'm still catching up with everything.

So I ordered an X3 from homebrewdev.com that seemed to be processed no problem. I did notice that in the description of the chip it mentioned that it is "with LPC Rebuild PCB". Now I have a 1.6 xbox and I emailed the site to clarify what this meant and they replied that the PCB fits the version 1.6 XBox motherboards and will restore the

missing links to the LPC port. These connections are needed if you wish to fit a LPC mod to your Xbox version 1.6. I was also told that I shouldn't have a problem fitting this to my xbox.

After searching around the forums and online I couldn't get a clear understanding if I am missing something in my order or if I need to worry about something. Any thoughts on this? I should have know better for paying close to $10 less than other websites for my chip.

thanks

Had a quick look. You should be ok with the x3.

The LPC rebuild is already done for you so no problem.

I think you have a few install methods, the one you will

probably recieve has 1 or 2 wires that would need soldering.

However it may also come with a "pogo-pin" style adapter

which you place on the board and fit the chip to the top.

The description doesnt say the adapter is part of the package

but it says its available (im presuming you have to buy it).

I havent got an x3. I use a Xenium on one machine

and an cheap mod (maybe Alladin ?) on another. My other machine is softmodded.

To be honest, untill it arrives i havent a clue. You may get an adapter.

They seem to use a clever description on the site.

You should check what all came with your chip. If it came with a little clear adapter that has little spring loaded pins that lights up blue,your ok. It's the solderless version. However, if it did not come with it you'll need to solder an "LPC rebuild PCB" on the bottom of the motherboard. THis is alittle harder to do though. Check and make sure first.

Also, google "X3 CE Modchip install". The first link should be a PDF file that includes it.

see if this link gets you there. :P

teamxecuter.entryhost.com/x3ce.pdf

edit: looking at that site you bought it from, if you bought the Xapter with it you shouldnt have to solder anything, if not then you'll need to whip out the soldering iron.

Edited by Nextel

I have no problem soldering. I was planning on doing it anyways. Personally the solderless kits are a waste of money IMO if you know what you're doing. I'll definately make sure I have everything I need...including instructions! haha

I got the X2 Lite Plus years ago, the first chip to come with pogo pins. They've never failed me.