Consoles You Pawned

Jitway

Softmodded XboX with um... Evolution-X dash and MamedOX Plat 2. Yea thats older but I never got a replacement HDD. I have 1 Gig left on factory one. I want to get a big HDD and run Unleashx. Then Ill dump a shit ton of emu's and roms, and have a few movies to boot, just because. Ill also have all sorts of nifty add ons like that comic book (pdf?) reader and the whatever the point and click emulator is called... (sam and max etc)

Soon Im buying a Cyclone for my DS. I'll get a good micro SD chip though, and take a lesson from my friends mistake. His bought an El-cheapo and it will randomly corrupt when he hooks it up to the PC. I plan on going crazy with the DS games, there are quite a few that I like, quite a few.

I still didn't mod my sisters Wii... so that will be happening sooner or later.

1 gig left on a factory hard drive? Your poor neglected box. Quickly install a 500 gig drive and XBMC as your primary dash, with Evox or Unleash as a backup. Then copy all your games to the hard drive so you never have to put a CD in again. Fill the rest with emus and roms. I have 1 gig left on 250 gig drive, on it are around 90 xbox games, 200 arcade games, 160 Mega Drive/Mega CD games, 50 SNES games, some GBA games and as of today 250 Amiga games. I'm now thinking I should upgrade again to a 500 gig as I need room for more xbox games that I haven't tried, and new romsets. I don't have any movies, pictures or songs on by box. If I had a 500 gig drive I might, but not now, games are more important.

You don't even need to go that big I have a 320GB HDD and I have:

85 Xbox games

CoinOPS R1 with a full set

A Full verified Goodset of NES, SNES, Genesis (and 32X+CD), Gameboy/Color (Only a few GBA), and N64 (don't bother with N64 lol I'll probably delete this eventually, It's quite a few GBs too)

A Few PSX games

Some random homebrew games/apps

I still have about 70GB free. (How do you only have 1GB on a 250 with seemingly less stuff Ice Man?) The trick is DON'T put music and movies on your xbox. Just stream them over the network, much easier that way anyway because you can just share your downloads folder and it's always up to date/ready to watch.

That's just the way it is. Maybe it's coz I have PAL games, PAL games are always bigger than NTSC, sometimes by a lot. It's all the multi-language stuff. The average PAL game is 4GB. I trim what I can getting rid of French/German/Spanish folders where I can. But in most games there's nothing you can do. A 320 would see me fine for a few more games, and if I wanted full romsets, but if I do upgrade I may as well go 500 and then I'd have plenty of space.

True, a 320GB was just easier to find at the time I bought it I guess. Most of my games are PAL actually because for some reason most of the games uploaded to usenet are PAL, I have been able to run them all in NTSC fine though except for The Warriors. Apparently there is some problem with that specific game where you have to get the native version. I get NTSC when I have a choice though so its hard for me to say exactly how many are NTSC and how many are PAL.

I should look into deleting the extra languages though, that's a good idea and I never thought of it thanks!

The only modded console I own is a Sega Saturn. On the topic of consoles I've sold, it's far more than I'd like to think about... just a few of the ones I regret selling would be the Nomad, Virtual Boy, CDX, Genesis/32X/CD monstrosity, SNES, etc.

(How do you only have 1GB on a 250 with seemingly less stuff Ice Man?)

Oh I misspoke and said "factory one" I should have said stock HDD which is a 8 or 9 Gig. it's a first gen Xbox methinks. Got it from Gamestop Dec 07 when they had a sale. Yea Id like to get a big ass HDD but I wont be putting PSX on it, as I hate the audio on emulated PS. Cuts in and out ... inconsistent audio. I'll likely backup some xbox games like KOTOR and whatever, but the box will primarily be for other media. Arcade and emulators.