SSID disabled

farcry

i know that the current version of dswifi doesnt support connecting to a ap that doesnt broadcast an SSID.

However i have a few questions concerning this:

-why doesnt they add support to connect to a ap that doesnt broadcast SSID?

-are they planning to add support for it?

-Is there a way to get around this so you can connect to an acces point that doesnt broadcast his ssid. This is really frustrating me since with normal games it simply works and with homebrew it doesnt do crap. Is it possobile to add support for it manually in the dswifi library or is this way too hard to do?

I hope someone can help me

Hi,

1) The lib was written in a way so it does not recognize that an AP existing without a SSID broadcast is possible.

2) Support will be added in the next version of the lib (which is at least a few months away)

3) It could be hacked in, but that doesn't directly help existing apps much (they would have to recompile). I've been investigating a change that could make it work, but I have not completed it yet.

So, no help yet... This is just a bit difficult to support with the current lib.

-Stephen

Hi,

1) The lib was written in a way so it does not recognize that an AP existing without a SSID broadcast is possible.

2) Support will be added in the next version of the lib (which is at least a few months away)

3) It could be hacked in, but that doesn't directly help existing apps much (they would have to recompile). I've been investigating a change that could make it work, but I have not completed it yet.

So, no help yet... This is just a bit difficult to support with the current lib.

-Stephen

So it is possible to be added and than recompile the app, because is only want it to get it to work for the bunjalloo webbrowser and it aint to hard to recompile it. But it is possible to edit the current wifi library and add support for it?