use tv as laptop monitor help

I need to use my tv as my monitor for my laptop. my tv is cheap so it only has rca composite and coaxial inputs. my laptop is old so it doesnt have the s-video or hdmi crap. it has vga, serial port, parport (printer port), usb ports, pc card slot, 1934 port thingy, phone line, and ethernet. it seems i cant plug anything from my computer into the tv. i think i may need an adapter but i dont know what its called or what type. and i dont want to pay more than $10 on it. okay maybe i wont spend more than $15 or $20, if its worth it. can any1 help me on this?

Edited by endoplasmic reticulum

my friend google said to try this:

http://www.amazon.com/CONVERTER-S-VIDEO-AD...X5QGK5RYWMY93SC

Have you met google yet? he's a real cool dude with alot of answers.

on a different note, you know hooking your laptop to your TV will be really ugly, like running your laptop at 640x480.

i h8 using google for searching for stuff like this cuz it takes up too much time and i never find what i want. i should check the computer store a couple blocks away and see if they have anything. or perhaps the pawn shop. i posted this topic at like 2 in the morning so i couldnt think properly.

i h8 using google for searching for stuff like this cuz it takes up too much time and i never find what i want.

seriously? google takes to much time? and posting a topic on a slow board in the middle of the night is faster?

I think maybe this internet thing may be alittle over your head.

it took me literally 2 minutes to read your post, look up that shiz, and post the link.

Hey man. Just a suggestion (not a critique) but I have been following your posts on the issues with your laptop and thought I would recommend for the amount of time you are putting into it, you may just want to consider buying a new system.

It sounds like budget may be a factor based on some of your posts, but as they say “time is money” and it sounds like you have spent a lot of time trying to get a last dying breath out of the system. ;)

I usually tell customers if they are going to spend more than $100-150 dollars upgrading a laptop they would be better suited just putting that money aside for a new notebook. I got my most recent notebook for $315 brand new.

Otherwise you can always look on Freecycle for a decent hand me down. It may save you the hassle of trying to cobble together a bunch of parts that really weren’t meant to work together. Good luck!