XBMC networking questions.

SF2MJ

I am already using flashfxp for transferring emulators or whatever straight onto my xbox via Ethernet cable.

What i would like to do is not have to use flashfxp to gain access to my pc with my xbox.

I would like to be able to just turn on my xbox ...go to my xbmc.And just click the videos tab and gain access to my pc and stream videos from it directly.

Anybody have some kind of step by step guide on how to do this?

Thanks.

I am already using flashfxp for transferring emulators or whatever straight onto my xbox via Ethernet cable.

What i would like to do is not have to use flashfxp to gain access to my pc with my xbox.

I would like to be able to just turn on my xbox ...go to my xbmc And just click the videos tab and gain access to my pc and stream videos from it directly.

Anybody have some kind of step by step guide on how to do this?

Thanks.

Step1: Go into your pc networking settings mouse over the nick card your using to connect to your xbox with and right click and select properties, click on advance tab, under internet connection sharing put a tick in the first box and hit ok.

Step2: Mouse over whatever folder you would like to share and right click the mouse and select sharing and security, under network sharing and security put a tick in the box that says share this folder on the network hit apply and ok.

Step3: Go into xbmc and go into your network settings and set ip to automatic (DHCP) or if your not using that then make sure your ip that you use to ftp with is in there.

Step4: Click on your video tab, go down to workgroup (SMB) network, hit your A button and away you go.

Note: If your using a firewall etc.. you may have to set access rights to allow xbmc to share in these types of programs

Enjoy

Edited by hellsfury