my first windows 7 disappointment.

Inky

Got an Ipod touch 2g for valentine's day. and of course windows 7 will not recognize it. so now I am in the process of moving all my music from the windows machine to my old ibook.........

I have been bouncing back and forward between Vista and 7 for the past few weeks now. 7 is definitely faster, but buggier. 64-bit seems to run better than 32-bit on my machine.

Not being able to install SPTD is something that's putting a few people off. Personally I found the only apps that wouldn't install/work were the TMPGEnc series. Some minor stuff that I could do without for now, like Unlocker, isn't working either.

I had some installer issues but the windows helper thing suggested a registry tweak that fixed it right up.

besides the ipod touch issue, my only other issue is sometimes the wifi quites working and I have to reenter my key.

I forgot that I was having a few display driver issues too. Randomly it forgets that my display is powered by my 9600GT and defaults to 'Standard VGA'. This resets the resolution back to 1024x768 and I have to go into Device Manager and 'Scan for New Hardware' to get it to recognise the card again.

Also some games flicker like mad, like Doom3, making them unplayable. If I use the Win7 drivers for my gfx card then it fixes it, but for some reason it buggers up the desktop, putting it into some sort of letterbox mode. Also this only seems to happen with my preferred resolution of 1920x1200, but no others.

I can't seem to find a firewall that will work reliably either come to think of it. I tried my old favourites like Outpost and ESET, and some newer ones like Norton 2009 and Comodo. Outpost and Norton slow everything down, especially starting up, also causing random BSODs. ESET and Comodo install ok but have issues, like not behaving the way they should. I'm having to just use ESET antivirus in combination with Windows Firewall :S