Need Help with Mame install

Emu Newbie

Hi all,

I'm a newb to some extent (that's why I'm here). Anyways, I've been trying to install MAMEoX_v0.72.1b.zip on my xbox; however, I don't believe I'm getting anywhere. I've transfered the zip file to my xbox w/ an ftp client. Following this I unzipped it on the xbox, via unleash x. So I've made a folder filled w/ mame stuff; however, this doesn't do anything. Do i need a binary or a compiler??? If so, could you guys point to the one that I would need (specifically that is - link :ph34r:)

Thanks for the help. I've been enjoying some FBA-XXX and others so far. I love xbox emulation!

Ben

im geussing if your using mame0.72 that you want to try out the midway games with sound.

anyway try going into your unleashx file explorer and go to your mameox folder.then find the default.xbe and hit the a button on your controller.see if that makes any difference.

Alrighty, I got the emulator to work; however, it doesn't seem to do a good job at all when attempting to emulate MK1 (rather slow). Am I doing something wrong (is there some setting I need to change). I recall reading posts saying that others are able to run MKI and II w/ no problems on this particular mame build. Thanks.

Ben

if you want to emulate mk1 better then i recommend you use mamex-b6.put mk1,mk2 and narc into this emu as it emulates these games better.use mame0.72 for mk3 and ultimate mk3.

once you have mamex-b6 in your xbox go into the unleashx file explorer and go to the default.xbe of mamex-b6 then bring up the options of file explorer and go to rename.xbe and you can rename it to mk1,mk2 or whatever and once you do this it will show up on your game selection screen as mk1 and mk2 or whatever.do the same with mame0.72,it just looks better.

check your pm.