I want to upgrade my firmware.

powermax

Hi,

I recently got an fat psp. and it has official 3.52 installed. I want to upgrade it to 3.71m33-3. I did one before it was on 1.5 version and seems really easy. But I want to upgrade now directly from 3.52 to custom mode and of course with-out the downgrade/or by using Pandora. so is it possible? I want a solution please. Because its may be boring with-out home-brew. anyway..

thanks.

Edited by powermax

You can't downgrade from 3.52 without a battery.

lol, I just told I don't want to downgrade either. And want to upgrade from current official 3.52 to custom 3.71 m33.

you need to use pandora, you just can go from official to custom without using pandora (for the fw version you have)

Thanks for saying that, exactly this thing I want to know. (but confuse )Can you please explain more about that or how to do -- because avoid risk of bricking psp.

Edited by powermax

Hi, I am back once again. With same problem, I was busy to making the Pandora thing all I got is bundle of software’s. But I realise that there no tutorials I haven’t find so far is to how to make Pandora battery with using an official firmware? My version is 3.52. I also heard if you have official 3.52 then it’s not possible to downgrade, is it true?

There all other sites just describing how to downgrade psp, making Pandora battery and only for custom firmware users :thumbsup1:

Is there nothing to do who have official firmware like 3.52? Is it the dead end of the homebrew if someone buys psp with official 3.52 or upgraded accidently to official 3.52?

Please somebody give the better idea.

Thanks so much for wasting your valuable time for this.

You cannot install Custom Firmware on a PSP with a Firmware of 3.51 or higher, without using a Pandora battery.

In order to install Custom Firmware on a PSP with 3.52 OFW, you will need a Pandora's battery, and a Magic Memory Stick.

I know about it and hearing almost from beginning of my problem. But people say the official firmware 3.52 can’t be downgraded. What to do??

Why are you suddenly concerned about downgrading? Earlier, you stated that you didn't want to downgrade.

In order for you to achieve installing, Custom Firmware 3.71m33-3, you need to have a Pandora's Battery, and a Magic Memory Stick.

http://www.pspmod.com/forums/psp-hardware-...tery-guide.html

Actually it’s about to upgrade in 3.71 m33. Whatever it is, if it’s related with downgrading. I want to follow any process that brings me on the version that I want. I told I don’t want to downgrade if there other ways. Hope-fully no way’s at last, so I don’t mind to downgrade anyway. So how do make that Pandora things worked with official 3.52.

And the link you gave me is perfect. But it’s hacking the hardware, and I am looking for software for 3.52 to make it happen. if there no software then of course I must go for hack the hardware.

Thank you.

Edited by powermax

OK thanks for your help and I figure it myself (actually looking on other forum from web). The thing is if you have 3.52 or higher, than there is no software to downgrade (to upgrade to CFW). Only way is, you must make/buy Pandora battery. The way with-out Pandora may be available but they are too advanced for basic user.