Some drivers just suck!

ken_cinder

Ok, an update. Now I'm not certain as to the specific damage, but the estimate I was given was $2300 for repairs. That's more than half the value of my bike.

Estimate was from the shop, appraiser still has to go have a look, so the shop could just be trying to get as much $ as they can (I don't care, I'm not paying for it and the appraiser will have the final say).

Given that I can't see the parts I know are damaged costing even a quarter of that, I wonder if theres any structural damage. I know there's labor in there too, but no way would it encompass even half that either.

I hope they don't write my bike off, I sure as crap won't get fair value on it.

More pics......

hpim1679wu5.th.jpg hpim1684ie9.th.jpg HPIM1683.th.jpg

HPIM1680.th.jpg HPIM1681.th.jpg HPIM1682.th.jpg

I didn't get pics of the right mirror (It's banged up, and the mount is barely able to hold it. I didn't get pics of the left crash knob on the bar, the impact was so fast and hard it knocked the peg right out of the handlebar on the other side of the bike.

Front wheel is out of place in the forks, and the forks are out of place. Both brake levers are actually far less unsightly than they were, I bent them back out to make them somewhat useable while getting the bike around the yard at work and onto a truck.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

crap man I missed this thread... I TOLD YOU!!! We already had this discussion a while back... You couldn't have done much more. Can't account for others as you can yourself. I don't know... is it possible to be too cautious? Like I'm sure overreacting can occur when people go through this.

I'm glad to hear your alright... which is the default reply. Well Ive seen bikes worse off... but of course their riders were too... and speaking of which... how are you feeling now? Hows that shoulder. Heh... I bet your not sleeping on that side. Just... be careful with the arm man... My shoulder still isnt right... and its been almost a year.

I crashed on a few dirt bikes... Once went into a tree but just glanced the wood... Then one time ended up with the bike on top of me.

Your gonna mess with bikes you got to know its big chances.

Glad your ok though.

Shoulder is fine now, has a little bit of sketchiness when I move it certain ways, but it HAS only been 2 weeks.

I got off easy, but I don't put that at any less than my own instincts when I crashed to not let it fall on me and to just go limp like a damn crash dummy.

• 2 weeks later...

Figured I'd give an update for anyone interested.

I got a call today, to let me know what was going on.

Seems my bike didn't get off anywhere near as easy as I did. It's a write-off, repairs will cost more than the value of the bike.

Guess I'm getting a new bike next spring.