Free MC Boot Released for PS2

IDE? You mean ELF?

No, I mean IDE. Independence Day Exploit.

I have several reasons why I wouldn't be bothered using a HD for games besides not caring about laser wear (Mine is still working perfectly, and my PS2 is like 5 years old). One being that per GB, blank DVDs are dozens of times cheaper than a HD.

I also don't play many games at the same time, I'll play an entire game over the course of weeks before switching to another. Kinda doesn't make sense to bother with a hard drive in this case, but I do have one in there with homebrew and emulators etc. Pretty funny, since that drive just died......and the DVD laser is still working flawlessly. :P

Same deal with my Xbox, 40GB hard drive with only those kind of things on it.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got all the exploit files together, including the psx original, then made the iso + burned. I then managed to get a lend of a Swap Magic disc, booted the Independence exploit installer, and that's that. I had a backup MC too, so once I had it set up I made a copy over to the other card just in case.

I was always under the impression that HDLoader referred to an external USB hdd, it seems not. I was looking forward to just dumping all my games onto my external Seagate, especially now my laser is fading :(

I just priced a network adapter and they still retail for £35 here! wtf. I think I'll give it a miss :-)

It's very possible to do it the external HDD method, but it's results are less then steller. Phat PS2s 4 life.

I got all the exploit files together, including the psx original, then made the iso + burned. I then managed to get a lend of a Swap Magic disc, booted the Independence exploit installer, and that's that. I had a backup MC too, so once I had it set up I made a copy over to the other card just in case.

I was always under the impression that HDLoader referred to an external USB hdd, it seems not. I was looking forward to just dumping all my games onto my external Seagate, especially now my laser is fading :(

I just priced a network adapter and they still retail for £35 here! wtf. I think I'll give it a miss :-)

It's very possible to do it the external HDD method, but it's results are less then steller. Phat PS2s 4 life.

something we agree on the phat ps2s rule

• 3 weeks later...

You need someone with mod chip or something similar to install it on your memory card.