FBAxxx pro resolution problems

A little while ago, I changed the resolution on FBAxxx pro to 1080i, thinking that it'll improve the graphics. All it did was mess up the screen by shrinking everything and moving it to the top left hand corner of the screen, making it impossible to read and use the menus. I have a 30 inch sony CRT TV that's HD capable and component cables so I am capable of getting a 1080i image. Anyone know how to reset the resolution by deleting specific files or blindly going through the menus? I don't know what version of FBAxxx pro I have but the default backgroud has that ninja from Strider if that's any help.

A little while ago, I changed the resolution on FBAxxx pro to 1080i, thinking that it'll improve the graphics. All it did was mess up the screen by shrinking everything and moving it to the top left hand corner of the screen, making it impossible to read and use the menus. I have a 30 inch sony CRT TV that's HD capable and component cables so I am capable of getting a 1080i image. Anyone know how to reset the resolution by deleting specific files or blindly going through the menus? I don't know what version of FBAxxx pro I have but the default backgroud has that ninja from Strider if that's any help.

With the FBAxxx files on your PC, look in the skins folder and resize any 640x480 images up to 1920x1080 so they will fit the screen in 1080i. 720p is better picture quality than 1080i (except for stills), so you may want to just use that instead, in which case you would need to resize the images to 1280x720. There were a handful of 720p FBA skins floating around somewhere but I just resized the original skin, works just fine.

Also, you can stretch and resize the screen as needed, in the options menu.

The video mode bug is present in all versions of FBAxxx too so if your screen locks up when switching modes then it's 'normal'. As a workaround, launch a rom and then change to 720p/1080i.

Good luck and welcome to 1emu!

did you change the output to 1080/720p in your main dash,if you have the original ms dash do it there,also some games wont play in hd(upscaled) unless your screen is set at 16.9.,ive also heard that you have toset your dash to NSTC.

also read the last few posts in this thread.

http://www.1emulation.com/forums/index.php...25402&st=22

gavin19 has gave you some things to try as well.