Can one construct a batterypack for DS?

Krosigrim

I often wonder what would happen if I get another bad hurricane season here through Florida. Last time, all I had was a GBA, so that was no problem, but I'm using my DS now.

With a custom battery, it is obvious that I will be in a gameless world, if I am without power for 2 weeks again, and I went through that 2 or 3 times a few years back. I looked at battery backups, and noticed "joules" Which got me wondering, how much energy does the DS use, or need to completely fill the battery. Which makes me wonder about the physics of it all. Is it necessary to have AC to charge a battery? Can you shift Energy from one battery to another?

I guess I could go ahead, and do more research, but what to you guys think? Does anyone know what I am looking at? A fools errand? Or a good idea...

I know you can charge one battery with another. they make disposable things that charge your cell phone. that is all they are is a battery.

I know you can charge one battery with another. they make disposable things that charge your cell phone. that is all they are is a battery.

Oh yea... I forgot about that!!! Sweet. Hmmm then the question is, how much juice are we talking about??? Guess Ill start researching again. If I do come up with something effective, I'll share the results, as I have not seen this topic discussed. And if it has been, please inform me of the bottom line.

did you see the link I posted at the same time as you?