Capcom's 6 buttons vs Neo Geo's 4 buttons

2eyez

This is why I adore Capcom vs SNK 2. All the franchise fighters we love and the 6 button polished capcom style.

It also gives a slight strategic variety how to use special attacks while being friendly to your power bar or vice versa - kick the jelly out your opponent with a full bar super special.

It's just too bad everyone uses A-Sak/Claw/Dictator/Blanka.

K-Chun/Cammy/R2 Hibiki, N-Chun/Maki/R2 Hibiki, N-Chun/Morrigan/R2 Hibiki FTW.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I prefer 4 buttons because I'm too stupid and uncoordinated to have to deal with 6 buttons.

your not going into surgery right?

:angry:

Probably not. :P

thats good. you should go into proctology so you can get a license plate that says ASSMAN

4 buttons all the way.

6 buttons are retarded and useless. SNK does have strengths for specials and you can always get the equivalent of a medium attack with direction+light attack from most characters anyway. there's just no point in 6 buttons. hard attacks should be used for slower but a bit more damaging specials and light attacks for faster but less damaging specials. there's no need for a balance between the two because there's just not enough screen space to take full advantage of it, and you can play mind games with 4 buttons just fine anyway. yes Demitri is a giant bucket of crap in SvC but that's just a design flaw and shouldn't be attributed to the Neo Geo's 4 button scheme.

And if you consider the fact that some capcom games use 3xpunch or 3xkick for some moves, it makes it even more overkill. The maximum simultaneous button press you should ever use are 2 buttons and that's for SDMs/HSDMs/LDMs. I've always hated the 6 button scheme and 4 buttons work out great for me.

4 buttons all the way.

6 buttons are retarded and useless. SNK does have strengths for specials and you can always get the equivalent of a medium attack with direction+light attack from most characters anyway. there's just no point in 6 buttons. hard attacks should be used for slower but a bit more damaging specials and light attacks for faster but less damaging specials. there's no need for a balance between the two because there's just not enough screen space to take full advantage of it, and you can play mind games with 4 buttons just fine anyway. yes Demitri is a giant bucket of crap in SvC but that's just a design flaw and shouldn't be attributed to the Neo Geo's 4 button scheme.

And if you consider the fact that some capcom games use 3xpunch or 3xkick for some moves, it makes it even more overkill. The maximum simultaneous button press you should ever use are 2 buttons and that's for SDMs/HSDMs/LDMs. I've always hated the 6 button scheme and 4 buttons work out great for me.

Less Buttons for Special Normals = Good. Increses flexibility with characters. Means you can add MORE special normals for characters.

Probably not. :)

thats good. you should go into proctology so you can get a license plate that says ASSMAN

Those are my ASSpirations ahahaaha get it?

I've never actually seen a proctologist ever. I'm not sure they still exist.

You should be the gynecologist to the stars ^^

4 buttons all the way.

Less Buttons for Special Normals = Good. Increses flexibility with characters. Means you can add MORE special normals for characters.

Not really because most special normals can act as medium attacks just fine anyway. So in a sense, you get a special normal that's just as useful as a medium attack.

You should be the gynecologist to the stars ^^

I know which fields I will never do and gynecology is the top of that list.