Turok on Live

BlackKnight

Ah well I'll to play wiht you when I get back then. I am really liking this game. Can't wait to get some decently pinged multiplayer :P

Hey, how is the Turok compared to the old masterpieces Turok 1 & 2 for N64? I'm planing on getting the PC port. Will it be possible to play it with the XBox gamers online?

Hey, how is the Turok compared to the old masterpieces Turok 1 & 2 for N64? I'm planing on getting the PC port. Will it be possible to play it with the XBox gamers online?

Nope, no cross-platform play in Turok.

How does it compare to the old ones? Well, I think the gameplay is basically that same thing only heavily refined, while the setup is completely different. The bow and knife kick way more ass than they ever have before, but if you were expecting a real bare-shirted tribal in'jun hero then you'll miss that. This new Turok is basically a marines vs aliens shooter where the aliens just so happen to be dinosaurs and with a slight stealth / hunting element thrown in.

To summarise; its a great game IMO but very different to the older Turoks.

Nope, no cross-platform play in Turok.

How does it compare to the old ones? Well, I think the gameplay is basically that same thing only heavily refined, while the setup is completely different. The bow and knife kick way more ass than they ever have before, but if you were expecting a real bare-shirted tribal in'jun hero then you'll miss that. This new Turok is basically a marines vs aliens shooter where the aliens just so happen to be dinosaurs and with a slight stealth / hunting element thrown in.

To summarise; its a great game IMO but very different to the older Turoks.

Meh...

Doesn't sound that nice for me...

I really liked the old Turok style and I really was waiting for a REAL sequel, not another redefined gameplay, just with the name Turok...

Probably I'll "try" it first, before buying it. Because I don't need another new regular shooter for my PC.

• 1 month later...