I went to see Gladiators

BlackKnight

So yeah they're reviving Gladiators here and in the UK like they're doing with American Gladiators in the States. I went to see a filming of an episode yesterday. I'm one of those guys that has been campaigning and signing petitions for the show to return for the last 10 years so I was stoked.

Was pretty interesting, the only downside being that shooting one episode of 4 events took around 5 hours, setting things up etc etc. I got to see Atlaspheres, Vertigo, Suspension Bridge and Pyramid. They only shot each event once, but did a lot of takes of the interviews, introductions etc. I should have known all the smack talk the competitors came up with wasn't on the spot.

Anyway yeah, good night out for me. As a piece of trivia, the new male Gladiator leader, Thunder, is actually the guy who played Bayman in that DOA movie :)

Oath yes. The guy is a well presented actor from a lot of local TV dramas- he looks semi-respectible. The woman is another local actor who's done her share of risque roles and so I'm not complaining.

It is still pretty cheesy, but nowhere near as much as if Hulk Hogan was presenting it, that's for sure.

Lol I remember watching Hulk Hogan presenting it on tv, it was all like, "THIS IS AMAziNG, ONLY THE STRONG COMPETE HERE, WE MAKE SHOWS LIKE UFC LOOk LIKE GRANDMA'S BATTLE OF TASTEFULL COOKIES"

Something like that.