Sega Master System games coming to Virtual Console

JKKDARK

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/01/25/sega-mas...irtual-console/

The Sega Master System never really got the appreciation it deserved here in the U.S. In fact, research shows that only .8 kids in America owned one, and who ever wanted to hang out with eight-tenths of a kid? Gross, we had reps to protect. Now though, it seems the system will finally get the respect it deserves with releases from the system headed to the Wii's Virtual Console.

The beauty part is that, since it used the same hardware as the Master System, Game Gear games will also have a shot at VC fame. The first entries will be Fist of the North Star for 600 points and Fantasy Zone for 500 points. They'll only be rolling out to Japan at first in February, but look for other territories to follow close behind.

Excellent! I can't wait for Phantasy Star :lol:

I believe that Sega has completely subjected itself to Nintendo, the Sega Master System is a classic game console that does not need to be corrupted by Nintendo's Virtual Console feature.

But there are more $$$ for both companies if they add this console ;)

My opinion still stands, and it is now confirmed that money can completely alter ones mind enough to make them insane.

The Genesis contains more classics than the Master System. If they added the Genesis which was more successful and contains an excellent library, why they wouldn't add the Master System?. Master System wasn't a success and you don't find many people who cares about this system, so adding it on the Virtual Console will get a lot of new players.