creating gamertags for other countries.

Inky

It may not be well known that you can have gamertags for other regions. this is useful for grabbing region specific content like demos. for instance the Club demo is not available in japan or the US and sometimes Japan will get a demo that is not available anywhere else. and the US often gets demos when eu and Japan are left in the cold. so here is what I did:

go to live.com and create a new email address for the country you want a gamertag for. you will need a valid postal code at this time. I just chose a known location within the country I wanted, in this case I used a university in london england. google searched it to get the postal code.

once your email address is set up go to your xbox and create a new gamertag. I named mine UKInky and JapanINKY to remember which was for which region. select to connect to live and now you will need to put in the info on the email addy you just set up. you will also need a properly formatted phone number at this time. I just used the phone number for the university I chose in the step above. you will also need a street address but I think anything will do. I just made something up.

there you go you should now be able to access other regions live content. demos are shared across the console so you can play them from within your main gamertag. it's pretty handy to have a US, EU, and JP gamertag ready when one region gets content