[1/15/08] I Am Legend (Movie)

I thought the movie was pretty good, and I also agree that Don_Illmatix was expecting too much. It's a movie and that not everything is going to make "logical" sense. It's just impossible to do that when you have zombies in a flick.

I also thought the ending sucked, and so does the alternate ending, which you can find on YouTube. One of the laws of screen writing is to write the ending first, then start with the beginning. I don't think that was done with this movie. It just seemed like they ran out of ideas and spitted out this quick/short ending and gave you no proper closure. It was completely unnecessary for the main character to practically commit suicide, when he could have easily ran off with the girl. Just stupid.

as bad as the theatrical end was the alternate is even worse its like something a 3rd grader would come up with. the movie was great up until the moment the dog dies, then it's all down hill.

It just seemed like they ran out of ideas and spitted out this quick/short ending and gave you no proper closure. It was completely unnecessary for the main character to practically commit suicide, when he could have easily ran off with the girl. Just stupid.

Am with you. But if you leave out the ending, it is one of the wickest movie from past years. Yes, the ending is not the smartest choice. But if you keep in mind that uber guy at the end, breaking through that tank glas - a little cellar door wouldn't have stop them. So for me, I can live with this version. It's an effort, not a loss.

What's more key to me in this kind of movie, is a single actor-focus for almost the entire movie. Tom Hanks made it similarly possible in Cast Away and The Terminal. I feel a lot of respect for them, nowadays with thousands of actors out there (not to speak about epic effects possible). You learn, maybe even connect, a lot from the characters. Dunno how to call it.. Maybe it's the fact, you see people completely alone in their being - and you can watch them.

Edited by Wishdokta