eNGLISH DUB for Japanese Stuff

rubiocroft

I 'd like to know your opinion about this fact:

Due to my favourite web page for anime series is english spoken... most of stuff I found have english subtitles. that's not a problem because I used this as a good way to learn and improve my reading and writing english skills (it is always great to give internet resources a good and significative use). The problem for me appears everytime I get a serie with English voice. I have to say that my listening skill is not as devellopped as my written, speaking or reading. But for worse, I consider the dub is quite bad. It's not interesting to hear english voices.. I don't know... the voices are not attractive and doesn't go with the character -- Lately happens the same with Spanish dub in my region ... old series like Saint Seiya or many others had a great dub .. but now they are just boring (avoid to say crap! lol ups!)

iS THAT Japanese talk , laugh and scream louder ??? LOL

bye

RUBIO

PD: Maybe I'm just tired of English stuff ... movies, music, etc etc!

I think that Samurai Champloo's and DBZ's dubbing are the best. Although, other animes that use Japanese voices tend to use higher voices than English voices. Considering that Asian women can produce a higher pitched voice than American women, (not to mention the Asisan women who does Pikachu), Japanese voices have more variation,

I think that Samurai Champloo's and DBZ's dubbing are the best. Although, other animes that use Japanese voices tend to use higher voices than English voices. Considering that Asian women can produce a higher pitched voice than American women, (not to mention the Asisan women who does Pikachu), Japanese voices have more variation,

Hey... I'd like to know if you are an english speaker... I'm used to hear DBZ in spanish dub... (most of Japanese stuff are dubbed in MExico I guess.. they used to do a good job but lately it's just boring) When I heard DbZ english voices from a PS2 game... I really felt strange... I mean... english voices doesn't fit with these kind of things... like voices are kinda "cool" .. you know.. but not related with a japanese serie.... Even more surprised when i heard the japanese version... Goku's voice seemed like a strange creature... extreamely louder... lol

I prefer to watch subs in general. The Japanese voices are better at telling the emotions of the characters imho. This being said, there are some series that have extremely good voice dubbing and I prefer to watch those instead. Sometimes though, I start watching a series on tv (which is dubbed into english) and if i watch too much of the series (more then 4 or 5 eps) then i usually finish it in dub form just because that is what i am used to....