PC video game preservation

How do you guys preserve your old PC games?

I've been having an idea for a very long time now and I need some help with it. Ok so basically, I take a game,

and I update it to the latest patch, and I merge all the CDs it was on into one installation. I might also include downloaded content from fan sites like mods, maps, walkthroughs, no-CD patches etc. depending on the game. Then I burn it onto a DVD compilation.

What tools would I need to do those things?

mmm i dunno if you can actually do this, when you install anything into your computer, the setup process also creates some registry entries and stuff, I don't know if there are any methods to backup installed programs...

it's not just that, it's also including the patches into an installation so that the installation installs the latest version of a game or so that it also installs the extra content, and also I'd like to know how to merge multiple-CD installations into one installation.

looks interesting... will take a look.

What i meant to say was that it was difficult to backup your game updated to the latest version with all the add ons, from your computer hard drive to a disc. However, I never investigated about this in depth since I dont pay much attention to that sort of stuff