PC Game Guilty Gear XX Reload with net play.

-SyN-

Yes its possible, as a matter of fact it was possible for quite some time. (June of 07 I believe)

Anyway what you will need is the Japanese version of the Game itself for the PC. "Google and Torrent Search engines are your friend."

When you get the game and install it, go [ur=http://ggxxnet.mad.buttobi.net/index.htmll]here[/url] and download the net play patch for the game and extract it to the games directory. btw, the directory needs to be named C:\Program Files\GUILTY GEAR XX #RELOAD before going any further.

*Note, The latest version as of now is GGXXNETv115-3.zip, but that is just a dll patch. you need to download �EGGXXNETv115.zip and do as I instruct below but stop before you get to the part where you run the game. Before you run the game download GGXXNETv115-3.zip and replace the dll file with the one you just downloaded and that will update GGCCNET to the current latest version.

Run the patcher file, and it'll automatically patch your ggxx.exe and create a backup called ggxx.OLD, if anything goes wrong with your game, delete the ggxx.exe and rename the ggxx.OLD to ggxx.exe and run the patcher again.

Now thats done, Open the ggxxnet_config.exe. it should look something like this.

Image4.jpg

Its basically self explanatory. Fill in your name set your delay, 2-4 works best, in the lobby script boxt, type in the url of the GGXX servers. here are a few,

www.nehle.net/ggnlobby.cgi

www.nurupodensetsu.com/ggn/delay1/ggnlobby.cgi

www.nurupodensetsu.com/ggn/delay2/ggnlobby.cgi

www.nurupodensetsu.com/ggn/delay3/ggnlobby.cgi

www.nurupodensetsu.com/ggn/delay4/ggnlobby.cgi

www.nurupodensetsu.com/ggn/delay5/ggnlobby.cgi

www.nurupodensetsu.com/ggn/delay6/ggnlobby.cgi

www.nurupodensetsu.com/ggn/ex/ggnlobby.cgi

Here is our own Server.

www.teamk2o.net/ggn/ggnlobby.cgi

Everything else can be left alone and leave the port at default which is 10000.

Some people might have router issues, mainly DSL internet users, here is some important info,

If you have a router, by default you will have to forward TCP port 10000 on your router. This port can be replaced with any other port as long as you remember to forward it on your router. Some people (including myself) have found that enabling DMZ as well on the router helps connection problems.

Here is some additional info,

If you want to know if you're set up right use the Custom Port Test on http://whatsmyip.org/ports/

put in the port you're using (default 10000) and click check port

If you get:

Timeout

then the port isn't forwarded and this isn't going to work well/at all for you

If you get:

Closed

Error Number: 61

Connection refused

that's fine, it means the port is being forwarded but you don't have Guilty Gear running

Once you have netpatched Guilty Gear running (just running don't have to connect or anything) you should get:

Open

which means it should work

Now that we have all of that out of the way, Right click your ggxx.exe, copy it, then paste a shortcut on the desktop.

Start the game and go to options.

Image6.jpg

Choose game options and make sure the shortcut option is on.

Image7.jpg

After that then save. then exit.

Next you should be back in the options screen, select quit and you will be back at the main logo screen.

Finally press start and your menu screen should look like this.

Image8.jpg

The VSNET option should be available. click that and the lobby should look like this.

Image9.jpg

This is a jap server in the image above and the ppl in there are prolly from thats side of the world. Anyway find a player thats idle, select his/her name and connect.

Have Fun!

I didn't know there was a pc version. cool I'll look into it.

patcher doesn't seem to work under vista :(

nm, set the patcher and the config program to win 98 compatibility. now to get my stick working with it.....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I followed these instructions and everything seemed to go fine. When I launch ggxx.exe I get version error. I am using the japanese verion of the game. Do I need to update it, or what?

"version error"

and when I click "ok" the game crashes. Anyone know anything that I can try to fix this?

File des: GUILTY GEAR XX #RELOAD

type: Application

File Version: 1.0.0.1

product name ggxx

product version 1. 0. 0. 1

copyright © Sammy © Arc System Works

Size 1.73 MB

Language Japanese (Japan)

Edited by lemoncade

• 4 weeks later...

I got a problem...i did all of that...and everything works properly...beside 1 thing...when i chose play game on a player..it starts the dare devil...the screen goes black...and it gets e back to the GGXX.net screen(with all of the players...)How can i play any games...what should i do...plz Help me!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having trouble running the first patch, before and after trying to patch I get the same result: A warning window pops up with some text on it with the save location of the patch on my computer. I'm also having trouble forwarding port 10000 on my router when I go to the port sniffers site to test it I keep getting timed out

My router is a Linksys WRT54GS I have the application name set to GGXX the start of the port is 10000 the end of the port is 10000 protocol is TCP I filled out my IP and checked enable. I'm not sure if I did that right or not I'm thinking it's timing out because I didn't patch correctly or if I'm supposed to have a different end port I'm not really familiar with routers.

Any help on these matters would be greatly appreciated I would love to play this game online with other players as playing against people on xbl (mostly korean players) is kind of laggy and no fun and as fun as playing story mode and survival is I'd rather be able to play with some actual people.