D++ and port forwarding

Fatal Rose

Yea, it's pretty easy for me to understand. My router is a peculiar one, as it gives dynamic, random ip addresses, however, even after rebooting my computers, they get the same ones every time. I would set up port forwarding and use it for torrents, however since my router is connected to a modem, id have to set up double forwarding to get it to work rite, and I have no idea how to do that.

iluvds - You only have to set up double port forwarding if you have two routers, not a router and a modem. If you want to guarantee that a certain computer gets the same IP every time its called Static IP Addressing and should be pretty easy once you find it.

Fatal - WTF is this page? Portforward.com is awesome, but the WUSB54GS is definitely a USB network adapter and not a router, no ports get forwarded there. Look up your ROUTERs model number, I'm not sure why this page your looking at exists.

Basically what your going to want to do is find out what ports DC++ is using, lets say for instance it uses port 5211 for TCP and 5222 for UDP.

Now you want to find your PCs INTERNAL IP Address, hit Windows key + R, Type cmd, type ipconfig /all

Look for your network adapter in that list, then look down a little for IP Address, It will be something like 192.168.XXX.XXX but with numbers for the Xs (not necessarily 3 numbers either)

Now you need to go into your routers configuration page, most routers have it set to 192.168.1.1, some use 192.168.0.1, default user/pass is usually admin/admin.

Look for port FORWARDING NOT TRIGGERING, and its going to be a bunch of spaces to fill in the above information, your going to want to use two rows for this example

Check the enable box next to the first row, fill in your IP, port range 5211-5211 (since we only want the one port) and set it to TCP, the application label is optional

Do the same thing in the second row, but 5222-5222 UDP mode. hit apply at the bottom, and your done.

Note: I made this ports up off the top of my head, don't use them because it won't do anything, Also, I tried to make it sound a little universal for different brands, its going to apply to Linksys for the most part, but all options are worded pretty similar for all these routers, should apply to D-Link pretty accurately too. (The two most common brands besides Buffalo I use)

iluvds - You only have to set up double port forwarding if you have two routers, not a router and a modem. If you want to guarantee that a certain computer gets the same IP every time its called Static IP Addressing and should be pretty easy once you find it.

My router is a Sonicwall Tz-150, which is not listed on the portforward.com site. There is a TZ-170 listed, which is very similar, but the when the guide goes over configuring your router, I read it, and my router doesn't have a specific port forwarding page, the closest thing to it has port ranges and stuff, but no server ip addresses. So it does not appear that I can set up port forwarding on it (Note - there is no UPnP on it either, but I don't know if that has anything to do with it). I know how to set up static ip addresses, i've just had no use for them since i cant set up port forwarding anyway.