Gears of War... Do not want

BlackKnight

So anyway I got a 360 recently and was compelled to pick up the famed Gears of War. Long story short, I'm a little disappointed.

Sure its purdy and so on but... The story kinda sucks, there aren't enough set piece battles, and it is wayy too short. The shooting is also not that fun. I can't put my finger on why but I feel more like going back and playing Halo 1 or Unreal Championship 2, both of which I also only just got, than Gears.

I'm not unhappy I bought it just... Expected more. I see what you meant now GameCop. Wonder if Halo 2 and 3 will be more fun.

I enjoyed Gears of War a lot. It isn't the best game in the market, but it was fun as hell playing co-op when it first came out.

Halo 2 is a huge leap compared to Halo 1. Halo 3 ups the ante in terms of graphics and gameplay compared to Halo 2. However as the series progresses, the campaign gets progressively worse. If you really enjoyed the campaign in Halo 1 prepare to be disappointed as you play Halo 2 and 3. If you enjoyed the multiplayer, then you'll really like Halo 3's multiplayer custom options and gametypes.

So anyway I got a 360 recently and was compelled to pick up the famed Gears of War. Long story short, I'm a little disappointed.

Sure its purdy and so on but... The story kinda sucks, there aren't enough set piece battles, and it is wayy too short. The shooting is also not that fun. I can't put my finger on why but I feel more like going back and playing Halo 1 or Unreal Championship 2, both of which I also only just got, than Gears.

I'm not unhappy I bought it just... Expected more. I see what you meant now GameCop. Wonder if Halo 2 and 3 will be more fun.

Yeah, I rented the game, and I wasn't impressed at all. I just found the game to be quite boring after awhile and the constant crouching or hiding behind walls got annoying quickly. Sure, it's a more realistic first person shooter, but that doesn't make it better. And why must I shoot the enemy a 100 times for it to die? :)

Yeah, I rented the game, and I wasn't impressed at all. I just found the game to be quite boring after awhile and the constant crouching or hiding behind walls got annoying quickly. Sure, it's a more realistic first person shooter, but that doesn't make it better. And why must I shoot the enemy a 100 times for it to die? :)

The question should actually be: Why must the enemy shoot me 100 times for me to die?

Think about that.