Deus Ex extension problem

Krosigrim

I posted a thread about great games that are alittle dated, and I started to think about my Deus Ex. I looked and looked and couldn't find it ANYWHERE. So I said to hell with buying another one. (which it looks like I may do) so I got a-hold of an ISO. So usually I can install directly from the ISO once its unzipped. Never tried it zipped, I'm new to this. But it wont install because it cant find the OpenGlDvr.dll. But then I notice an icon that looks like the one that starts the game. So I hit it and it asks me all the first start questions, then says it can't find the extension.dll. So with my limited knowledge, I fathom the game dosen't know where all the things necessary to run are located. Id sure love to write one, but I don't know how or what exactly it would need to use or what order to do it in or what it's supposed to look like when I'm done.

I looked and can't find a template, (I don't really think someone would post an extensions file for Deus Ex) perhaps I'll look again, but secondly, I don't even know if this is the way I should go. It was hard for me to find this game as it is, 'cause I'm new, and Id hate to download and download more and more, just to find one that works right off the bat, that is if I even find one.

So if it can't find the extensions.dll, is writing one viable, and if so, can I find one in text form and just alter it to fit my pc? Or am I just silly.

Heh, Looks like I may just say to hell with it and hopefully come across it at GameStop or something one day. OR... somehow find my copy..... Where the hell could it have gone???? It's probably in a chaotic dimension on top of a mountain made of all my missing socks.

It doesn't give you an option to run in DirectX mode? I don't think you'll be able to write a extensions.dll.

I'm a bit confused though. What do you mean by installing an ISO when it's unzipped? Do you unpack your ISOs instead of using a mounting tool?

Also, you can buy it for $10 from Steam which I think is a fair price to have Deus Ex tied to one account so you can take it with you wherever you go and have a PC with an internet connection able to play the game. Ebay and Amazon also sell it for cheap.

Well I did unpack my ISO. It worked for previous games if I played with it for a bit. Since I have hardly played with them at all I didn't know the problems you get without a mounting tool. Or even which tool to grab. Choices Choices.

I'm getting Daemon. I should have just done this before.

Yea I guess I could just pick it up. I've been so poor lately, that I scrimp EVERY last cent. But 10 bucks is a damn fine price for this most Excellent game.

By the way. I am sorry to all the people who wasted their time reading all of this. I wish I could just erase the thread..... Wait a minute ... can I?