Assert Failure

Evil_Ryu_X

• 2 weeks later...
I keep getting the error, "Assert Failure at charselect line 3117" and then my Mugen closes. Any idea why?

Im very tired of it.

Me too. I keep getting that kind of error and I think its not character related maybe because it happens randomly different characters and different time durations. For example, I use kfm or any other character then at my first fight or some other fight sometime soon with another character that annoying message just pops out of nowhere then I pick up my keyboard and slam it to the PC screen just to contain my anger.

Can someone help me out of this?

I keep getting the error, "Assert Failure at charselect line 3117" and then my Mugen closes. Any idea why?

Im very tired of it.

Me too. I keep getting that kind of error and I think its not character related maybe because it happens randomly different characters and different time durations. For example, I use kfm or any other character then at my first fight or some other fight sometime soon with another character that annoying message just pops out of nowhere then I pick up my keyboard and slam it to the PC screen just to contain my anger.

Can someone help me out of this?

I don't know but I'll try to find the answer.

I found the source of my problem! I accidentally put two order values in one of my character in the select.def file.

This is what that problematic line looked like before I spotted it.

foo/foo.def, order = 3, stages/foo.def, order = 3, music=sound/foo.mid

As you can see I put two order values in it, in which it should only have one. It must have done it when I was putting their order values and background music. Boy! I'm glad I found it. Now I don't have to slam my keyboard to the PC Screen I just hammer on the keyboard keys right now. :rolleyes:

Ah, but you know what? Thats not the issue. I have figured it out; whats actually wrong is that the command line for the chars pal.defaults is messed up.

Yeah! maybe your right because I still encountered that kind of error but not to often though not like last time. Do you know how to fix this? or is there a way to identify which characters have a faulty pal.defaults? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Can't correct you when you never made a statement. ;P Yes, it's quite simple. When you open a characters def file, it should say:

pal.defaults =

After the equals, you will generally find some numbers. These numbers are in correspondence to the list of palettes further down the def file. THERE NEEDS TO BE AT LEAST FOUR DIFFERENT NUMBERS. That was the problem I was having, when I tried to load a char with only three pal.defaults. Example:

pal.defaults = 2,4,6

I changed it to:

pal.defaults = 2,4,6,1

All I did was add a one. If you look further down the list in the def file, you'll see a list of "pals" and a number after it. Just use a number from there that isn't being used by the 'pal.defaults' line and you're good to go.

Sorry for the long winded explanation. :huh: