PS/2 to USB converter VS USB keyboard?

Ghosty

Nah, I got the older HP D530 USDT(the one without the floppy). I think its a little smaller.

And my teacher gave it to me for fixing up a ton of other PCs.

Bleh, it's retarded. Why do keyboards need to use the USB port? Same with mouses? That's what the PS/2 port is for. Every mouse I bought that was USB, I always used the accompanied green USB to PS/2 adapter.

Hell, I have 8 USB slots in my computer and they are all filled up. What does that tell you? I'm tired of everything being converted to USB.

Sometimes the traditional methods are (should remain) the most efficient.

USB is better for a mouse though, especially if your looking at one of those high DPI ones.

USB is being used because its faster/carries more power, Im pretty sure my keyboard wouldn't be able to light up the way it does on PS/2.

I would buy the USB keyboard, its not like the keyboard being USB forces it to be more expensive.

I dont know how this got into a USB vs KB war.

I ended up getting the the USB KB instead of the adapter. It was cheaper. less than $5 brand new.

Noticed how I said the thing doesnt have PS/2 ports. The PC is advertised as a completely non-legacy PC, ironically it comes with a parallel and serial port.