A problem with burning my home movies to dvd, Loss in quality once the avi file is converted to dvd.

SF2MJ

I have a Canon mini dv video camera that i use for home movies.I usually use Ulead video studio 11 to transfer my home movies from Camcorder to my pc.

That is all ok.The picture quality is fine...just like when i filmed it.

But when i convert the home movie avi files into dvd and burn it onto a disc.I notice a drop in picture quality.A slight blurriness to the picture when things are moving a little quickly in the shot.

But if i watch the avi file on my pc after i just transfered it from my video camera (without converting it into anything)...it looks nice and clear...no blurriness.

So i am losing quality in the conversion.Is there a program that will convert my home movie avi file into a dvd wihout loss of quality?.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by SF2MJ

I have a mini dv digital camcorder.

I play the dvd's on my dvd player.

I use ulead video studio 11 to transfer my films from my mini dv ..to my pc.It makes them avi files.

ok

first of all, did you try playing them on your PC to see if the quality changes?

also, what is the format of the movies on the camcorder? Could you give us a model so perhaps one of us can look the info up??

Well heres what i would recommend because it seems like your wasting alot of time converting, and your probably losing quality for this reason and maybe another one too using your method.

When you copy the video from your camera to your PC, do it in a raw UNCOMPRESSED format, Usually MPEG. Then take that file (its going to be enormous, at least a few gigs) and convert it to a DVD and you wont lose any quality as far as DVD quality goes.