why doesn't xpadder work with mame?

ok i'm using xpadder in order to use my control pad with mame. i mapped out the keys accordingly on my control pad( thrustmaster firestorm digital 2). windows recognizes it but mame does not. how do i get mame to recognize xpadder?

is there another possible solution?

I seem to recall that it stopped working when they changed mame to use raw_input.

But to be sure, download an old mame, such as 0.113, and see if it works with that. If it does, then it won't work with the current version.

If it still doesn't work then you have some issue in your computer setup.

ok i got the diagonals mapped on the controller. but i'm having difficulty trying to play marvel vs capcom. although i have the diagonals mapped out, the game doesn't recognize it. i looked to configure it on the game but there is no such option to configure diagonals.

i can't do any special moves like this or jump away/towards opponents(pretty much anything that has to do with a diagonal input on the control pad). this leads the game to be absolutely frustrating. any suggestions?

Uh, color me stupid, but why do you need to use XPadder to play MAME games? MAME does support plethora of input devices after all.

oh i imagine it does. however, the only device i have to interface with mame besides my keyboard is a thrustmaster firestorm digital 2 controller. until i have to buy something else, this will suffice for now

• 1 month later...