Saturn, what are my best options right now?

Ok... If I took my time, I would provably find the answer, BUT, I'm kinda busy lately. And impatient. You see, I just started in the ISO side of things, and I likely don't know what I'm getting myself into. I got about 4 different emulators, that just happened to be referenced in this forum, SSF, CASSINI, I don't remember if I had SATOUME, but I have Yabause_0.8.0, and that one doesn't like the bin file of my Guardian Heroes. So, Either I am doing something wrong, I.E. inexperience. Or my game is Crap. Also, I couldn't get one of the emu's running. (my computer is vintage)

Here is my main question. What should I look for now? In terms of updated. Least issues with Guardian Heroes specifically!!!! Yea my PC has some HORRIBLE stats, but it doesn't have one problem with NeoGeoX5.4.E, Though were talking apples and oranges, aren't we?? Any help on the performance side of this would help too. As in, If ISO style emu's are hardware hungry, what is my best bet in terms of lightening the processing load, like converting it somehow some way or another. Keep in mind I'm new to ISO's (GH is the first and only one I have) (MUST HAVE!!!) Perhaps I should study more on the issue. But I figure, Any info you guys can help me with, will be a TREMENDOUS help!

Thanks in advance for your replies!

SSF is the most updated, although Yabause was updated just recently. Needless to say, SSF is also the best. However, SSF can be quite ruthless requirements-wise, but it also has presets that may help balance out performance versus compatibility.

The format the CD image is in does not affect performance.

Take note that you must set the emulator to use the same region as the game's own region, otherwise the "console" refuses to boot the game.

Ok thanks for the info. SSF_008_alpha_R7 opens, just long enough to look at my hardware, and die of laughter. With these others, I still have a bit to go..... I want to play this so badly!!!

Edited by Belthasar

Ok thanks for the info. SSF_008_alpha_R7 opens, just long enough to look at my hardware, and die of laughter. With these others, I still have a bit to go..... I want to play this so badly!!!

You know, you should really use an up-to-date version. :/

Well, got the farthest with Yabause, But it crapped out at the end of the Saturn screen. Can't figure out the other ones I have. But I figure when I have some time, I'll mess with them again. Heh, yea, I just might end up picking up a Saturn and Guardian heroes. But I will also build myself a new computer, once I get a new job, I'm just barely making ends meet. I guess on Black friday, I'll pick up a graphics card. DAMN YOU SATURN EMULATIONS!!!!