Turning my monitor into a "TV"

Rag

There are- you'd want something like this. Obviously you wouldn't want to order that from Hong Kong unless you had to, but Radioshack or whatever should have similar items.

I know you mentioned Xbox and PS2 but on that topic the 360 and PS3 both have first party VGA cables available for use with monitors and such.

Thanks guys, does the Gamecube/N64/Snes use the same vga plug in the back? I only really found one that was reasonably priced

http://www.mayflash.com/xbox/xb008/xb008.htm

however it said it needs to plug in to the computer and I don't want to plug it in to the computer, just the monitor. I'd rather just have some sort of VGA cable that has the plug in for the console on one end and the monitor plug on on the other.

Given that the resolution on older systems only supporting 480i, is 320x240 (Interlaced) it's going to look like crap.

Anything older than my Gamecube on my LCD TV looks pretty crappy, and would be better off running on my old TV. Even with a good scaler, things still don't look that great.

I think that particular box just has a pass through port so you dont have to unplug your computer/the box when you want to switch between the two.

Unless your plugging something PS2 generation or newer into the monitor, id just use an emulator and a controller adapter.

There are VGA Boxes which scale it and everything for you, but they where damn expensive last time i was looking for one. Especially if you wanted one that went from component to VGA as opposed to RCA/SVideo to VGA which would look alot better.