Remember Windows 95

2eyez

Afraid of the Dark?? Is it the same game as Alone in the Dark?

no, not at all... it's a game that's based off the Nickelodeon horror series of the same name. The game play was that of a first person point and click adventure, similar to Myst.

Edited by Reaper man

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember running Windows 95 on my family's Acer... playing games like Jazz Jackrabbit, Commander Keen, Epic Pinball, Rattler Race, and Hover... good times... too bad the Acer's hard drive died :(

holy crap! I remember my father's computer was an Acer with similar games! Hey, did your PC come with that Are You Afraid of the Dark adventure game? What about Tyrian? mmm, Tyrian...

ohmygawd YES! :wub: How could I forget about Tyrian! And Are You Afraid of the Dark gave me nightmares!

hahaha that's fucking awesome! Are You Afraid of the Dark.... yeah that game was some scary, creepy shit in it, but it was still a fun game none the less, and the game making your heart race to try an figure out how to kill the "bosses" was an absolute rush.

and who can fucking forget tyrian!? It was by far, hands down one of the best PC sh'mups ever. Anyone who disagrees with me can die slowly in a fire :(

I play coop mode Tyrian with my friends all the time. All those weapons and powerups... oh man... I need to play it right now... and I need to find a place to download Are You Afraid of the Dark: The Tale of Orpheo's Curse...

I remember running Windows 95 on my family's Acer... playing games like Jazz Jackrabbit, Commander Keen, Epic Pinball, Rattler Race, and Hover... good times... too bad the Acer's hard drive died :(

holy crap! I remember my father's computer was an Acer with similar games! Hey, did your PC come with that Are You Afraid of the Dark adventure game? What about Tyrian? mmm, Tyrian...

ohmygawd YES! :blink: How could I forget about Tyrian! And Are You Afraid of the Dark gave me nightmares!

hahaha that's fucking awesome! Are You Afraid of the Dark.... yeah that game was some scary, creepy shit in it, but it was still a fun game none the less, and the game making your heart race to try an figure out how to kill the "bosses" was an absolute rush.

and who can fucking forget tyrian!? It was by far, hands down one of the best PC sh'mups ever. Anyone who disagrees with me can die slowly in a fire :o

I play coop mode Tyrian with my friends all the time. All those weapons and powerups... oh man... I need to play it right now... and I need to find a place to download Are You Afraid of the Dark: The Tale of Orpheo's Curse...

I never tried coop mode to be honest... maybe I should sometime :D

as for Are you Afraid of the Dark, I actually have the ISO, but I couldn't get it to run correctly in DOSBox for the life of me :<

My first IBM PC came about 10 years ago, after my Amiga monitor blew up. The PC came with Windows 95. And I was really rapt because I was the only one amongst my peers that had Microsoft Plus, which added cool and funky themes! I was the envy of all my friends with that.

The rig was:

Cyrix x686 200mhz - which was ultra fast back then

32 meg RAM

4.3 gig hard drive - which was massive!

16 speed CD ROM

2 meg S3 trio video card

Oh, the days! I was so excited with my new PC - it was like a new world opening! I spent hours playing Doom, Quake, Interstate 76, Need for Speed II (which I thought had awesome graphics and music!!!), Tyrian (which was an amazing shooter, I concur), Raptor, Diablo, Starcraft, Crusader: No Regret (BLOW UP STUFF! BLOW UP EVERYTHING!), Road Rash and more.

And Windows 95 was great. I admit that I love bagging Microsoft, but I found it to be a solid and reliable product.