An Idea on how to get wifi homebrew to run

MP2E

Right well, I'm one of the REALLY unlucky people who has a DS Lite Firmare v7. And unless you change your router settings, it doesn't work. Some of us(like me) can't change our router settings. So since it seems to be a Firmware v7 issue, would this be fixed if we flashed our ds lites with FlashMe v8a? I'm going to flash it in a bit, but just wondering if anyone has done this and if they have, does this fix the problem?

Edited by MP2E

i cant change the wifi i use as its not mine, its someone in my neighbourhood.

....why do you have more than one account? o_O

as for your connection... be careful with that crap... if said neighbors get a virus, it'll spread to you, and vice versa. As for your problem, enh, I'll let someone more experienced with DSwifi answer it ;p

That's not me... >_> It's another user who also can't change his settings, although, our situation is the same, I use my neighbors because we haven't bought one yet.

Anyway, I guess my question is:

If I change my firmware to FlashMe v8a, will it allow me to use DHCP to connect to a router without having to change any settings on said router?

BTW: The SSID is DLink, which is the default for a D-Link router right? That might help you if it's a router issue

Edited by MP2E