ps2 question and ps3

Adel151

Is it possible to connect the ps2 and ps3 together to send the ps2 saved games to the ps3 harddrive ? thru USB cables

That isn't possible. You wouldn't want to be connecting the systems through USB cables though anyway- networking them would be better. In theory mind you.

The problem is that while it would technically be possible, it isn't allowed by Sony simply because the want to make some $ from their own throwaway-adapter. As far as I know there aren't any homebrew methods available to copy over saves although I may be wrong.

Sorry I can't help-

If you want to copy the saves themselves off your PS2 Memory Cards, run something on the PS2 like uLaunchELF or ExecFTPS (your machine will need to be modded or exploited). uLaunchELF is a filebrowser that will let you copy files to / from memory cards / usb mass devices / network locations. ExecFTPs just sets up the PS2 as an FTP server that you can connect to via FlashFXP or what have you.

That is the easy part. The only problem is then getting them onto your PS3 in a usable format.

• 2 weeks later...

If you have an original model PS2 then all it takes is a computer and cheat device that lets you transfer memory card saves from a USB Flash drive and to your PS2's memory card to do an exploit. Of course this might also be what you are really looking for to get the saves from your PS2 memory card. Just get a CodeBreaker or Action Replay Max and you can transfer saves to and from your memory card easily but they will be in a special format that only those devices can understand but there are some PC apps for managing and converting them too.

[EDIT]

Although as far as getting them onto the PS3...well not sure about that but I'm sure that at least getting them on your computer would be a good start.

Edited by Haldrie