does my intel 3945ABG wireless card support "Soft AP" ?wu

test84

Hi all people!

i wonderd if i can use my 3945ABG to create an access point and then use my DS to get online.

i heard there is a gigabyte driver that does for some chips but seems my 3945ABG is not one of them.

is there any other way to create a software access point?

thnx to all people in advance.

Nintendo actually made a special device that looks like a flash drive that you plug into your computer's USB drive and it will use your compter into a wifi access point for the DS as long as you have a broadband internet connection. It's about $40 but it might be worth it to anyone that doesn't want to mess with setting up a wifi network. You can find it at most gaming stores.

• 1 month later...

got just the same question.

The only difference is I have Sony VAIO not toshiba.

And Ineed to connect PSP, not DS.

But still the question remain. Is it possible to create an AP from our 3945ABG card considerig our manufacturers.

Nad where to get software to do that.

THank you.

Wow, I forgot all about this. You need to enable Ad-Hoc connections for your wireless NIC to act as an access point. In Infrastructure mode, this kind of connection from PSP/DS isn't possible, so enable Ad-Hoc or BOTH if possible in your network card settings.

Problem is PSP supports AdHoc only for PSP-to-PSP connection. It cannot use AdHoc mode like a bridge to my Notebooks connection.

Anyway, what I need, is some kind of driver or software network that could force 3945ABG to work as an infrastructure AP.

Sorry englishis not my native so maybe I could write something not quite understandible.

Edited by .HR

Well the problem you run into there, is if your wireless connection is your internet connection, you aren't going to be able to share the connection to begin with. You can't connect to 2 devices are the same time with 1 wireless network card in infrastructure mode.

You either connect ad-hoc between devices (Works like a radio does) or infrastructure, which works on a point-to-point method.

Even with SoftAP, you'll need a secondary method of connecting your internet connection to share it with the other device coming in on the AP.

hehe. If my internet connection was wi-fi then Iwould see no reason to retranslate it to PSP. I just could directly connect withmy PSP.

My internet connecion comes from a PCMCIA card (mobile operator inside).

And I need it retranslated to PSP. And the only way PSP understands it is the infrastructure mode.