Transformers - The Game

I got this game for PC, and I have to say it's pretty fun, but it does have it's flaws and some of them are rather big. Namely, the controls.

I'm using a PSX pad, and the controls are configured in an easy to use way for myself. However, the controls themselves are rather poorly implemented, and clunky. I'd have to say the pathetic camera system is half the reason the controls suck.

As a bot, the controls aren't too bad, but locking on to a target coupled with using the pickup button AND your 2 weapon buttons while moving yourself and the camera in some instances is a huge pain in the butt. You can't stand still and fight, so you must man the left stick at all times (Yeah, so what right?) which shouldn't be an issue, BUT you have to throw things at enemies and then attack them in different manners to defeat them, requiring at least 2 buttons + a stick at all times in a fight, sometimes more.

Then theres the vehicle mode, where I think things are HUGELY flawed. No matter your control scheme, or controller (I tried a few + KB) the vehicles handle like shopping carts! There's no fluidity to their movement, and you can't adjust the camera. Ok fine, so don't let us have an inside view, not a problem, but there are settings for camera controls under vehicle in the config.....why can't I adjust the camera!? It's not easy driving a shopping cart from directly behind it at damn near ground level.

That said, the game is fun and it looks pretty decent. The Transformers themselves look great, as for everything else it's pretty mediocre texture-wise.