Richard Bannister multiple emulator update

Robert

Richard Bannister has ported many emulators to the Mac.

Here is the list with the current version numbers:

Arnold v1.7.7 - Amstrad CPC/CPC+ Emulator

Boycott Advance v0.3.9 - Nintendo Gameboy Advance Emulator

BSNES v0.1.8 - Nintendo SNES Emulator (Requires G5)

fMSX v3.0.3 - MSX1/2/2+ Emulator

Frodo v4.3.9 - Commodore 64 Emulator

Generator v0.4.3 - Sega Megadrive/Genesis Emulator

Genesis Plus v1.2.9 - Sega Megadrive/Genesis Emulator

Handy v0.9.6 - Atari Lynx Emulator

Horizon v1.3.8 - BBC Model B Emulator

Jum52 v0.8.9 - Atari 5200 Emulator

KiGB v2.0.4 - Nintendo Gameboy Emulator

MO5 v2.6.2 - Thomson MO5 Emulator

Mugrat v0.4.2 - Colecovision Emulator

Neopocott v0.5.0 - Neo Geo Pocket Colour Emulator

Nestopia v1.3.7 - Nintendo NES Emulator

O2Em v1.1.0 - Odyssey^2 Emulator

Oric v1.7.7 - Oric 1/Atmos Emulator

Oswan v0.7.8 - Wonderswan Emulator

Rainbow v1.5.6 - Atari 800 Series Emulator

SimCoupe v0.8.2 - Spectrum SAM Coupé Emulator

SMS Plus v1.3.1 - Sega Master System/Game Gear Emulator

TEO v1.8.1 - Thomson TO8 Emulator

TGEmu v0.3.3 - NEC PC Engine Emulator

Thom v1.6.0 - Thomson TO7 Emulator

Vecx v0.1.5 - GCE Vectrex Emulator

ViBE v1.0b9 - Nintendo Virtual Boy Emulator

>> You can get further information, and the downloads HERE.

June 10th, 2007

It's one of those times again, where every single emulator on this site has been updated simultaneously. Every time I do this I say something about never wanting to have to do this again, but invariably something comes up and it proves necessary. Just to keep with tradition, I really hope this will be the last time, not that there's any chance of you, the reader, believing that it will be.

The following changes have been made to the shell, which affect all emulators using it:

* Fixed a nasty crash that could occur when using high requirement blitters (HQ4x/etc) on slower multiprocessor machines.

* Added a hidden preferences option to disable the information placards ("Emulator Reset", etc). To change this, open the preferences plist file in a text editor.

* Added proper code interface for getting the mouse position on display. Nestopia uses this for Zapper support, and TEO/Thom use it replacing a horrible hack used previously.

* Resolved assertion failure, ce_file.c, line 379, when saving a saved state with the same name as an existing file. Thanks to about two hundred people for reporting this one :rolleyes:

The following changes have been made to individual emulators:

* (BSNES) Resolved an issue where certain compressed ROMs would crash the emulator on Intel machines.

* (BSNES) Note that this will probably be the last version of BSNES to be compatible with PowerPC Macs. I'm going to sync up with the latest code following this release, which will almost certainly be Intel only.

* (Genesis Plus) Added support for Blargg's awesome NTSC simulation code. Note that there is a black bar down the right hand side of the display in this mode which is not considered a bug; my shell only supports output sizes with a multiple of eight pixels, and I felt that having a black bar was preferable than losing the right hand four pixels of the display.

* (KiGB) Added a choice of different palettes for classic gameboy emulation.

* (Mugrat) Rewrote input handling code, fixing the long standing bug with the second fire button.

* (Nestopia) Synchronised with the latest release for Windows.

* (Nestopia) Worked around a crash in NTSC mode caused by the Xcode optimizer.

* (Nestopia) Added support for the Zapper light gun (using the mouse).

* (Nestopia) Added support for configuring dip switches in VS games.

* (Nestopia) PAL games now play at the correct speed of fifty frames per second.

* (Nestopia) Added support for the mouse, as used by Educational Computer 2000 (Ru). Note that the mouse movement isn't perfect yet.

* (Nestopia) Added support for the barcode reader. A menu command has been added which sends random barcodes to the current game.

* (Oric) Worked around a bug in the Xcode optimizer that caused HIRES mode to break. Thanks to Pascal Leclerc for the report and detailed test case.

* (SMS Plus) Added support for Blargg's awesome NTSC simulation code.

* (TEO) Now uses shell API for handling mouse movements.

* (Thom) Now uses shell API for handling mouse movements.

Changelog